Time to lighten the load

My life is in upheaval at the moment and boy does it feel good!

You see, the painters are coming tomorrow.  That means we had to clear the walls and "get ready".  I decided to take it one step further and do a little spring cleaning.  I also decided to let Irv know that I was going to replace the china cabinet that we bought when we were very poor 30+ years ago.  It's been all over the country with us, but now it's time to go.


You know what Irv said?  He said why are you going to replace that when we're moving to Phoenix in five years?  Did I hear that right?  Is he actually admitting that's the plan for our retirement?  He was absolutely right!  Now I'm not only getting rid of the china cabinet, but 90% of what's inside it also.  Gone are the silver and crystal that I've collected over the years.  The only thing I'm keeping is my mom's china and the set of Rosenthal china that I bought in Germany.  I don't mind giving the other stuff away, but I'm going to try to sell the Rosenthal even though it's one of my most prized possessions.  Life is about experiences, not stuff.


One room down and about eight more to go.  I bet my girls will appreciate me getting rid of "stuff" so that it doesn't become their problem some day.  How liberating it is to be free of all that stuff!  My dining room now is just going to be a table and a cat in the window.  Love it!


Now if I could just find a home for the plethora of plants that I've accumulated over the years.


Most of these plants have been with me since we moved to Colorado in 1998.  I must have a green thumb or something because they just won't die on their own.  Anybody want them?  I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to put them in my will.


So my house is in utter chaos right now which makes me a little uncomfortable because I like neat and tidy.


In a week though, it's going to be fantastic with it's new wall color, décor, and window treatments.  Can't wait!

Stay tuned for the "after" pictures.


In case you're wondering...the winner was the lower right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!