Hiking the Seven Bridges

This past weekend I was finally able to get out on a trail.  After almost three weeks of my house being torn apart while the painters finished painting the inside, I was happy when they finished on Saturday so I could join Mary for a hike on Sunday morning.

Mary and I headed over to Cheyenne Canyon in search of the Seven Bridges Trail.  This is an easy 4.75 mile in and out hike with a 1,600 foot elevation gain. 

 
Luckily we had good written instructions with us because we were warned that the trail wasn't well marked.  See how someone scratched "7 Bridges" into this trail marker?  This is the only way we knew we were on the right trail.

 
As the name implies, the trail has seven bridges that cross back and forth across the creek.  Mary and I actually found an eighth bridge that wasn't on the trail.
 
 
In addition to the bridges, there was beautiful and serene sections of the trail covered by forest.
 
 
It was an especially warm day according to Colorado standards so Mary and I were thankful for the shade and cool breeze coming off the water.
 

Of course we had to find a random stranger to take a picture of us together.  This is me in my "anti-heat stroke" hiking hat.  Dorky...I know.

 
This normally peaceful creek is currently a raging river and with the snow melt just starting it's going to get nothing but worse.
 
 
Here I am holding this slightly large boulder up so that Mary can get by.
 

I talked Mary into taking her shoes off and sticking her feet in the river.  I was hoping she wouldn't get carried away by the current which would require me to run downstream and catch her as she flew by.  She said the water was so cold that it actually hurt.
 
It was a beautiful day for a hike. 
 
Then I got home and learned a valuable lesson.  Don't ever throw your good camera in the back seat without putting it in it's padded case so that it won't fall out when you open the car door.
 
 
Oops.  Don't tell Irv how careless I was.  I'm mad at myself enough for both of us.  At least it was the least expensive of my lenses.  $165 to repair or half that to replace it.  Makes no sense, I know.  The replacement will be here in two days.  (Note to self--take better care of your stuff!)
 
Have you been hiking lately?

Comments

polcat24 said…
And I'm finding this out by reading the Blog??? Oh well accidents happen.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
It looks like a great outing.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!