M'Lords and M'Ladies
We've lived in Colorado for 17 years and every year we say we're going to the Renaissance Festival which is held just north of Colorado Springs. It only lasts six weeks and every year we miss it...until this year.
He's 14 now and readily admits that he knows everything about everything--but I think even Mr. or Sir Beans had a good time.
It was very hard to know who the workers were and who our fellow guests were. There seems to be this whole sub culture of renaissance followers. I have never seen such elaborate customers...I will admit that I was a little envious. Just wait until next year.
What I loved most was the music. The Pikes Peak Highlanders were there. They are a local drum and bagpipe troupe. Since 2001 they have attended over 200 funerals and memorial services for our service members killed in the War on Terror. They all volunteer their time for this...quite remarkable.
Celtic Legacy--a kind of "rock" bagpipe and drum group was there also. They are fantastic! We came home with four CDs with all kinds of bagpipes and drums.
When the time came to leave, Pappy and Sir Beans were quite happy because they both got new sticks...although Sir Beans says they are not sticks they are staffs. Okay--sticks, staffs...what's the difference? Oh well, no matter what they are they put a smile on my sweet grandson's face and that's all that matters.
It was a fantastic day. I loved the Renaissance Festival and I sure hope it's not another 17 years until we go back.
I must admit that I thought it was a traveling Renaissance Festival. I imagined that it was more like a carnival with portable buildings that was easily moved. Much to my surprise the festival has a permanent facility...a very large facility.
He's 14 now and readily admits that he knows everything about everything--but I think even Mr. or Sir Beans had a good time.
Mary had to get in the groove with a flower headband.
No renaissance festival is complete without jousting and...
royalty.
Of course Irv had to hunt down a turkey leg (yuck!).
There was some knife throwing and...
ale drinking...but not at the same time.
Sir Beans did a little archery too.
It was very hard to know who the workers were and who our fellow guests were. There seems to be this whole sub culture of renaissance followers. I have never seen such elaborate customers...I will admit that I was a little envious. Just wait until next year.
There were three elephants there giving rides. It made me really sad to see these majestic creatures doing this type of work. Their eyes looked so incredibly sad and defeated. I may sneak over tonight and bring them to our house to live. They would be happy here. Irv wouldn't mind having to haul in hay for three more critters, would he?
What I loved most was the music. The Pikes Peak Highlanders were there. They are a local drum and bagpipe troupe. Since 2001 they have attended over 200 funerals and memorial services for our service members killed in the War on Terror. They all volunteer their time for this...quite remarkable.
Celtic Legacy--a kind of "rock" bagpipe and drum group was there also. They are fantastic! We came home with four CDs with all kinds of bagpipes and drums.
It was a fantastic day. I loved the Renaissance Festival and I sure hope it's not another 17 years until we go back.

Comments
It looks like you guys all had a good time.