Deck the Halls!
After a whirlwind week in Vegas it was so nice to come home from work yesterday to find my dear hubbie pulling the Christmas decorations out of the rafters in the garage.
Last year after Christmas we decided to get a new pre-lite Christmas tree because assembling our monster of a tree was very labor intensive and getting the lights to work was always a headache. I found a tall skinny tree at Garden Ridge that I wanted and my dear hubbie, spendthrift that he is, watched and watched the post Christmas sale until it was 90% off. He got it for next to nothing, brought it home, and stored it in the rafters.
As soon as we opened the box I knew there was a problem. It came in four sections. I then read the box. My hope to replace my old monster tree with something a little less space consuming isn't going to happen with this tree.
I now have a 9-foot tree that is 5 1/2 feet in diameter. It reaches the ceiling! Irv had to bend down the top to get the angel on top.
Silly man!
After putting up our tree at home I decided to bring a little Christmas cheer to the office.

The best part are the little glass stars that my friend Vicki made for me a couple years ago. Love them hanging in the window!
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
As soon as we opened the box I knew there was a problem. It came in four sections. I then read the box. My hope to replace my old monster tree with something a little less space consuming isn't going to happen with this tree.
I now have a 9-foot tree that is 5 1/2 feet in diameter. It reaches the ceiling! Irv had to bend down the top to get the angel on top.
Silly man!
The best part are the little glass stars that my friend Vicki made for me a couple years ago. Love them hanging in the window!
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
Comments
Time for me to get Dallas Cowboys wreath out.
I bought a Dallas Cowboy Star to put on top of our tree a few years ago. Heather claims she doesn't know where it went.