Christmas 2014 photo taking failure
It was back to work yesterday after spending a few days in Idaho to celebrate Christmas with my dad, brother, and Dana and Adam. I just downloaded the pictures I took, or to put it better, the pictures I didn't take.
I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. My goal while I'm at my dad's is to fill his freezer with individual servings of home cooked meals. I made him chili, beans and ham, spaghetti, chicken enchiladas, and beef stew during this visit. It should last him a few weeks. I meant to take a picture of his freezer, but I forgot.
Needless to say, Idaho is cold in December. We were treated to a white Christmas which is indeed beautiful as long as you don't have to go anywhere.

Adam was thrilled to use the snow thrower, but guess what--I didn't get a picture of that either. Luckily Irv snapped one with is phone and forwarded it to me.

Dad got rid of most of his Christmas decorations, but he kept a small tree, a few bulbs, and some tinsel. It was more than enough to provide a festive feeling.
On Christmas Eve I talked everyone into going on a Christmas Eve walk along the Snake River greenbelt (or white belt as it should be called this time of year) in downtown Idaho Falls. I remembered the trees along the riverbank as being lined with all kinds of lights at Christmas time. We all bundled up, listened to Dana whine about the cold, and when we got down to the river--no lights. Oh well, I enjoyed getting some exercise and the brisk air was invigorating. Dana and Irv...not so much. I've pretty much decided Dana is allergic to cold.
Here's a shot of Irv and I in front of the falls taken with my iPhone. Yes, my eyes are closed, but this is the only shot so it will have to do. I'm pretty sure people thought we were a little nuts. Nobody else was out enjoying the nonexistent river lights plus it was cold and snowy.

Dana did allow me to take one picture of her "baby bump" with her new Christmas shirt that she bought while we were in Vegas. It's only another 11 weeks until my grandbaby arrives!
And that, folks, is the extent of my Christmas 2014 photos.
Yes, I know. I failed...especially considering I received a new camera for Christmas.
I spent most of my day on Christmas in the kitchen. We had invited some of my dad's friends over for dinner so Dana and I put on a big feast. Turkey, stuffing, and all the trimmings.
It was delicious.
It was probably also my last big Christmas feast. From now on I want to do something simple so that all of us can enjoy the day for what it was meant to be...celebration of the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
So that's my Christmas in a nutshell with very few photos. I hope you did a better job with your camera than I did.
Back to work...year end...crunch time.
I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. My goal while I'm at my dad's is to fill his freezer with individual servings of home cooked meals. I made him chili, beans and ham, spaghetti, chicken enchiladas, and beef stew during this visit. It should last him a few weeks. I meant to take a picture of his freezer, but I forgot.
Needless to say, Idaho is cold in December. We were treated to a white Christmas which is indeed beautiful as long as you don't have to go anywhere.
Adam was thrilled to use the snow thrower, but guess what--I didn't get a picture of that either. Luckily Irv snapped one with is phone and forwarded it to me.

Dad got rid of most of his Christmas decorations, but he kept a small tree, a few bulbs, and some tinsel. It was more than enough to provide a festive feeling.
On Christmas Eve I talked everyone into going on a Christmas Eve walk along the Snake River greenbelt (or white belt as it should be called this time of year) in downtown Idaho Falls. I remembered the trees along the riverbank as being lined with all kinds of lights at Christmas time. We all bundled up, listened to Dana whine about the cold, and when we got down to the river--no lights. Oh well, I enjoyed getting some exercise and the brisk air was invigorating. Dana and Irv...not so much. I've pretty much decided Dana is allergic to cold.
Dana did allow me to take one picture of her "baby bump" with her new Christmas shirt that she bought while we were in Vegas. It's only another 11 weeks until my grandbaby arrives!
And that, folks, is the extent of my Christmas 2014 photos.
Yes, I know. I failed...especially considering I received a new camera for Christmas.
I spent most of my day on Christmas in the kitchen. We had invited some of my dad's friends over for dinner so Dana and I put on a big feast. Turkey, stuffing, and all the trimmings.
It was delicious.
It was probably also my last big Christmas feast. From now on I want to do something simple so that all of us can enjoy the day for what it was meant to be...celebration of the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
So that's my Christmas in a nutshell with very few photos. I hope you did a better job with your camera than I did.
Back to work...year end...crunch time.
Comments