Zombie Run!
Yesterday we participated in a whole new type of run for me--the Zombie Run. This was held in a regional park north of town in the woods and was a trail run rather than the concrete and asphalt that I'm used to.
While waiting for our wave at 11:00 there were some games to be played. In this one Mr. Beans had a balloon tied to his leg. The object was to stomp on everyone else's balloon while keeping his safe.
We got to hang out with the Umbrella Security crew. These guys are from Denver. I saw them on the 16th Street Mall a couple years ago when the Zombie Walk was going on. They just look cool.
And they have cool vehicles.
Now it was time for our wave. Irv and Mr. Beans wanted to be at the front of the pack. In case you're wondering, it was unseasonably warm at 80 degrees. That's why Mr. Beans chose to shed his shirt.
This was the last we saw of Mr. Beans. Although before the race we all agreed to work together as a team mainly so that Irv and Mr. Beans could protect Mary and I from the Zombies. Thanks Mr. Beans for watching out for your Grammy and mom!
Now, as I've told you in previous blogs, I'm not a sissy girl, but this course was tough. It started at 7,300 feet and went upwards from there. The air was super thin--couldn't hardly breathe.
This run was hosted by El Paso County. We got to meet one of the County Commissioners and a lot of the county emergency preparedness services were there including the Sheriff's Mounted Patrol. We encountered a couple of them along the trail, but you know what? I'm still upset with them about their handling of the horses in Black Forest last week, although I do appreciate the work they do for our county.
So, when the race started we were all issued a flag belt with two flags. The object was to get through each wave of Zombies with both your "lives". In other words, the Zombies chase you trying to get your flags.
Several "optional" obstacles were along the course.
The Zombie waves were a little stressful. Where is that Mr. Beans who is supposed to be protecting us, and where's Irv? Thank a lot men!
Jillian doesn't like people in costumes and makeup so she wouldn't even consider coming with us. (I think that was a good choice.)
Did you notice the Zombie in the tree?
I guess there are even young Zombies.
Finally--the finish line!
Runners picked up their t-shirts at the end of the race and got to stamp them either "Survivor" or "Infected". Needless to say, Mary and I were both infected while the two men were survivors.
I think I'm in big trouble if there's ever a real Zombie Apocalypse.
While waiting for our wave at 11:00 there were some games to be played. In this one Mr. Beans had a balloon tied to his leg. The object was to stomp on everyone else's balloon while keeping his safe.
Mary and Irv took part in the Oreo challenge. They had to balance an Oreo on their foreheads and get it down to the mouth and eat it without touching it.
We got to hang out with the Umbrella Security crew. These guys are from Denver. I saw them on the 16th Street Mall a couple years ago when the Zombie Walk was going on. They just look cool.
And they have cool vehicles.
Now it was time for our wave. Irv and Mr. Beans wanted to be at the front of the pack. In case you're wondering, it was unseasonably warm at 80 degrees. That's why Mr. Beans chose to shed his shirt.
This was the last we saw of Mr. Beans. Although before the race we all agreed to work together as a team mainly so that Irv and Mr. Beans could protect Mary and I from the Zombies. Thanks Mr. Beans for watching out for your Grammy and mom!
Now, as I've told you in previous blogs, I'm not a sissy girl, but this course was tough. It started at 7,300 feet and went upwards from there. The air was super thin--couldn't hardly breathe.
This run was hosted by El Paso County. We got to meet one of the County Commissioners and a lot of the county emergency preparedness services were there including the Sheriff's Mounted Patrol. We encountered a couple of them along the trail, but you know what? I'm still upset with them about their handling of the horses in Black Forest last week, although I do appreciate the work they do for our county.
So, when the race started we were all issued a flag belt with two flags. The object was to get through each wave of Zombies with both your "lives". In other words, the Zombies chase you trying to get your flags.
Fortunately for Mary and I, at each of the water stations you had the chance to answer an emergency preparedness question to earn a life back. I took advantage of this at each station because I lost numerous flags.
The Zombie waves were a little stressful. Where is that Mr. Beans who is supposed to be protecting us, and where's Irv? Thank a lot men!
Jillian doesn't like people in costumes and makeup so she wouldn't even consider coming with us. (I think that was a good choice.)
Did you notice the Zombie in the tree?
I guess there are even young Zombies.
Finally--the finish line!
Runners picked up their t-shirts at the end of the race and got to stamp them either "Survivor" or "Infected". Needless to say, Mary and I were both infected while the two men were survivors.
I think I'm in big trouble if there's ever a real Zombie Apocalypse.
Comments