Locked in
We have attempted to put an end to Sophie's nightly escapes from the house.
I found this really cool electronic dog door that can only be opened with a "key" that the dogs wear on their collars. When they get within a couple feet of the door it unlocks with a loud "thud" and then the dogs can go through. I was telling my CEO about the door and he said "leave it to a techie to find a dog door that works just like the proximity badges at work".
Keira, our incredibly smart Lab, figured it out immediately. She waits for it to unlock, pushes the flap with her nose to make sure it's unlocked, then she jumps through.
Cody, the not so smart Border Collie, is terrified of the door. He hears the "thud" and then runs the other way. It's gotten so bad that he runs even when we open the door for him to go out. I think I've learned the secret to training him to use it--chicken. He'll do just about anything for a bite of chicken. Maybe he is the smart one.
Sophie, probably the smartest of them all, has learned that if she waits by the door when Keira is nearby and the door unlocks, she can get between Keira's legs and jump out with her. Luckily she's only done this a couple times (that we know of). Oh boy...I guess she wins again! I think she wants to become coyote dinner.
Diesel came for a visit this weekend. Sophie and her best friend were soooo happy to be together again.
Lots of play followed by lots of naps.
Oh the life of a kitten (and dog)!
I found this really cool electronic dog door that can only be opened with a "key" that the dogs wear on their collars. When they get within a couple feet of the door it unlocks with a loud "thud" and then the dogs can go through. I was telling my CEO about the door and he said "leave it to a techie to find a dog door that works just like the proximity badges at work".
Keira, our incredibly smart Lab, figured it out immediately. She waits for it to unlock, pushes the flap with her nose to make sure it's unlocked, then she jumps through.
Cody, the not so smart Border Collie, is terrified of the door. He hears the "thud" and then runs the other way. It's gotten so bad that he runs even when we open the door for him to go out. I think I've learned the secret to training him to use it--chicken. He'll do just about anything for a bite of chicken. Maybe he is the smart one.
Sophie, probably the smartest of them all, has learned that if she waits by the door when Keira is nearby and the door unlocks, she can get between Keira's legs and jump out with her. Luckily she's only done this a couple times (that we know of). Oh boy...I guess she wins again! I think she wants to become coyote dinner.
Diesel came for a visit this weekend. Sophie and her best friend were soooo happy to be together again.
Lots of play followed by lots of naps.
Oh the life of a kitten (and dog)!

Comments