What's in the basket?
So have y'all heard of Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op? I learned about it a few weeks ago from someone at work. Now I'm hooked.
Every week you can go to their website at http://bountifulbaskets.org/ and place your "order" for the week. You also select your desired pick up location and here in the Colorado Springs area there are several pick up locations. Then on Friday or Saturday you go to your pickup site to retrieve your basket. I don't know if they're in all 50 states, but maybe.
You don't know ahead of time what is going to be in the basket so it's a fun surprise. Here's some of the fruit and vegetables that we got in last week's basket.
Asparagus, lettuce, apples, corn on the cob, scallions, watermelon, radishes, zucchini, mangoes, and endive. What the heck do you do with endive? Last time we got butternut squash. Since I'm not a huge squash fan I took it to work to share with the squash lovers.
One basket lasts Irv and I about two weeks. It's a heck of a deal for only $15. They also have other options like all organic baskets, bread, granola, and whole boxes of fruit.
Bountiful Baskets is an all volunteer organization, there are no employees. I can't figure out how they coordinate the delivery of all this stuff to the various drop off locations. All the fruits and veggies we have gotten from them have been incredible--the corn on the cob is fantabulous.
I've already put together tomorrow's lunch with the ingredients of our basket. (Irv is out of town this week so I have to be more organized than usual because I'm in charge of all the critters and chores. It helps to make my lunch the night before so I'm not so rushed in the morning.)
So go check out Bountiful Baskets and see if they deliver to your area.
Every week you can go to their website at http://bountifulbaskets.org/ and place your "order" for the week. You also select your desired pick up location and here in the Colorado Springs area there are several pick up locations. Then on Friday or Saturday you go to your pickup site to retrieve your basket. I don't know if they're in all 50 states, but maybe.
You don't know ahead of time what is going to be in the basket so it's a fun surprise. Here's some of the fruit and vegetables that we got in last week's basket.
Asparagus, lettuce, apples, corn on the cob, scallions, watermelon, radishes, zucchini, mangoes, and endive. What the heck do you do with endive? Last time we got butternut squash. Since I'm not a huge squash fan I took it to work to share with the squash lovers.
One basket lasts Irv and I about two weeks. It's a heck of a deal for only $15. They also have other options like all organic baskets, bread, granola, and whole boxes of fruit.
Bountiful Baskets is an all volunteer organization, there are no employees. I can't figure out how they coordinate the delivery of all this stuff to the various drop off locations. All the fruits and veggies we have gotten from them have been incredible--the corn on the cob is fantabulous.
I've already put together tomorrow's lunch with the ingredients of our basket. (Irv is out of town this week so I have to be more organized than usual because I'm in charge of all the critters and chores. It helps to make my lunch the night before so I'm not so rushed in the morning.)
So go check out Bountiful Baskets and see if they deliver to your area.
Comments