End of the Road
I more than completed the route from Chicago, IL to Santa Monica, CA and logged 2,448 miles. Even better I've improved my physical fitness level by becoming more active and losing almost 13 pounds in the last six weeks!
In the month of May Irv, Mr. Beans, and I will compete in three 5K runs. The most difficult of these is this coming Saturday with the Run to the Shrine at our local zoo. Mr. Bean's mom is joining us for this one. It goes up an 8% incline with a rise in elevation of almost 1000 feet. It's going to be tough, but we can do it! My only goal is to finish! We'll be in Albuquerque for Memorial Day weekend and I even found us a 5K to compete in while we're there. It's all part of the training for the 1/2 marathon in October and it's better than just sitting around, visiting, and eating while we're down there.
What's my motivation to becoming more active at my age? It has to be my dad. He's a fine example of growing old gracefully and healthy. At 86 he has more of a social life than Irv and I do, he maintains his own house, he tries to workout at least a couple times per week, he travels, he chauffeurs his lady friends around town, he's healthy, and he stays active. He does way better than people who are many years younger than he is. I want to be just like him when I'm 86!
Gotta keep moving!
Comments