Whiling the time away
Has anyone seen my Broncos? They seem to have gone missing.
So we've had a weekend to just hang around while we wait for my procedure tomorrow. I don't know why those doctors can't work seven days a week so that I can get home sooner. (Just kidding.)
What does one do in Minnesota in the midst of winter when it's freezing cold? Well, there's eating.

And some drinking, but not too much.
There's the Mall of America. We're probably the only people who visit this mall, buy lunch, go to a movie, and walk around the mall for a couple hours while only buying a pair of gloves and a sweater. The place was wall-to-wall people. I think this may be the only place people can go this time of year to get out of the house for awhile.
There's a lot of stuff going on inside this mall. Roller coasters, mini golf, movie theaters, Lego store, plus hundreds of stores and thousands of people. There's even a 5K and 10K course for those who are willing. It's kind of overwhelming.
There's also the need to get 10 thousand steps in per day. This usually involves bundling up and facing the great outdoors for a brisk stroll. 10 thousand steps is approximately 5 miles so it takes a while go get it completed. I'm proud to say that I've completed my 5 miles every day except for one. In fact, I've done 67 thousand steps this week, that's approximately 33 miles or so. Irv is going to have to take over for me while I recuperate the next couple days.
I've also taken the time to practice my newly founded knitting skills. This usually involves lots of knitting followed by lots of unraveling because I'm not happy with the way something turned out.

I'm happy to say that I completed my first pair of mittens that I decided not to unravel. Not too bad for a beginner.
If you know me then you know how much I love the old barns found in this neck of the woods. In warmer weather I would stop and use my good Nikon to get some good shots of various barns, but this time of year only gets a "drive by" with my point and shoot.
What does one do in Minnesota in the midst of winter when it's freezing cold? Well, there's eating.
And some drinking, but not too much.
There's the Mall of America. We're probably the only people who visit this mall, buy lunch, go to a movie, and walk around the mall for a couple hours while only buying a pair of gloves and a sweater. The place was wall-to-wall people. I think this may be the only place people can go this time of year to get out of the house for awhile.
I've even accompanied Irv while he searched for a geocache one night. This one is right in front of the Mayo Building.
I'm happy to say that I completed my first pair of mittens that I decided not to unravel. Not too bad for a beginner.
So tomorrow is the big day. The whole reason we're here is for the procedure they're doing tomorrow. I have to be there at 5:30 a.m. which is crazy early. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I can feel myself starting to tense up and get fidgety. I know everything will be okay, it's just the whole hospital experience and being out of control that makes me nervous.
I have to tell you that without my sweet hubby we would have gone home yesterday. Friday was a day of ups and downs. We thought everything was set with the insurance company, but after contacting the Mayo business office they told us that the insurance was denying it, but they offered to let us pay cash for the procedure. Hmmm....this procedure or paying off my house? I don't think so. Irv wouldn't have it and spent hours on the phone with the insurance company until he finally got someone to authorize it. For a while I was pretty down thinking that my last chance at a "fix" was gone and we were going home in no better condition than we arrived. I owe a lot to that wonderful man. Thanks sweetie for always being there for me.
I know everything will be okay, but an extra prayer or two would be appreciated.
By the way, if someone finds my Broncos will you please send them back to Denver? I still love them and will always be one of their biggest fans. Go Broncos!
Comments
I hate malls but I would like to check out the Mall of America sometime just to do it.
Fitbit is going to replace my lost fitbit. Complicated story but basically I lost mine on Turkey Mountain and then somebody found one the same place and they got it to me but it wasn't mine so I emailed fitbit and they can't trace the owner of the one that was found but they will replace mine free of charge.