Getting old...
I feel like such a bad cat mom.
My Tabitha is turning 18 years old this year and she has become super skinny. I thought it was just because she was getting old. I took her to the vet a few days ago for her annual check up and he was alarmed by her weight loss. She has lost almost half her body weight since the vet last saw her.
It turns out she has hyperthyroidism. Her metabolism is running so fast that she's wasting away. Today she starts a new food to help stop this. Hopefully she'll start gaining some weight back. The bad news is that she can't eat anything else besides this food--no treats, no milk, no popcorn (yes, Tabitha loves popcorn). Hopefully she will like this food because if she doesn't we'll have to give her a pill every 12 hours for the rest of her life.
It's a good thing I'm learning this now because in the next couple years we are going to have a whole house and barn full of geriatric critters.
Why do the critters have to get old so fast?
My Tabitha is turning 18 years old this year and she has become super skinny. I thought it was just because she was getting old. I took her to the vet a few days ago for her annual check up and he was alarmed by her weight loss. She has lost almost half her body weight since the vet last saw her.
It's a good thing I'm learning this now because in the next couple years we are going to have a whole house and barn full of geriatric critters.
Why do the critters have to get old so fast?
Comments
It gets harder and harder to lose pets as the years go by. But I just can't imagine not having one to love on.
It gets harder and harder to lose pets as the years go by. But I just can't imagine not having one to love on.