Up, up, up...

Irv and I decided to go for a little hike this morning.  Our "little hike" turned in a four hour battle of wills.  My muscles will to stop and go back down, and my head's will to keep going.

This was our destination.










This is the trail we chose to accomplish this task.  It started out nice and leisurely.  We read on the internet that this trail has an 800 foot elevation rise.

Not true.

It started out nice and slow and then got steeper and steeper.


There were some beautiful sites along the way (a good reason to stop and catch our breath).









There were several times that I wanted to turn back, but I kept telling myself that I could do it.










We finally made it to the top after about two hours.  (Yes, I am dirty, stinky, and sweaty.)

Yeah!  I did it!

Beautiful!




We could see the Broadmoor Hotel off in the distance.  (Yes, I did make Irv carry my zoom lens all the way up that mountain.)








Here's Cheyenne Mountain where Irv works about once a month or so.










After spending some time up there enjoying an orange and protein bar, it was time to come down.

(Did you notice in this picture that Irv is carrying my pink backpack?  What a guy!)

I soon realized that going back down wasn't going to be a walk in the park either.  That steep trail going up required some concentration on the way down.  I don't know what is worse--up or down.

It took us about an hour and half to get down. 

Our first stop was at 7-11 to get an ice cold drink.  Then I took out my phone and figured the extra Weight Watcher points I had earned for our "little hike". 

Woohoo!  22 extra points for today!  It was all worth it.




We went home, took a quick shower and then treated ourselves to dinner at Hu Hot!

Was it ever delicious!

What a great day!  There's no place I'd rather be than on the top of a mountain with my fantastic hubby!  (Unless it's on a beach in Hawaii--where we'll be in two and half months!)










Comments

polcat24 said…
My calves hurt like heck!!!
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
You two are AWESOME!!!!! I think we need to come up and hike with you. You might have to drag me up the steep inclines though.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!