Honoring the fallen

To all the warriors who serve and protect our country, I say thank you.  Our country suffered a devastating loss on Sunday.  We need to remember, however, that young men and women die every day in Iraq and Afghanistan--6 died today. 

As of today 6,178 total. 

You can go to http://militarytimes.com/valor/ to learn a little more about each of them.

We live our day-to-day lives while these brave young warriors are giving their all.  The evening news showed the names, ages, and home towns of all those who were killed on Sunday. 

They were so young. 

It is so sad.

It breaks my heart to know what their families are going through.

Today I choose to honor one of those killed on Sunday, an army warrant officer, aviator, and Coloradan, Chief Warrant Officer David Carter.  To his family, all I can say is Thank You and please know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of strangers all across this country.

So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.   John 16:22

How has the war affected your life today?






Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
It just seems so strange to me. Our soldier's are living in bad conditions and risking their lives every day and life goes on as before here.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!