Mary was the family photographer at Brian's homecoming. She got some really good shots, but this might be my favorite. A picture of my new boots! Mary, thanks for reminding me how much I love these boots!
We had a fire out here on the eastern plains of Colorado last week. I kept getting reports on the fire's location on my cell phone while I was at work. Then a warning popped up that let me know it was time to hit the road and go home to prepare to evacuate the critters. When we initially got home it was still a decent distance away. Within 30 minutes it had come up over the ridge and flames were visible. The winds were gusting 45 to 50 mph. It was a fast moving fire that burned 5,000 acres in only four hours. Then the most amazing thing happened--the winds died down and the firefighters got in under control by 8:15 that night. Thank you, Lord! Have you ever had to stand in your house and wonder what you should take out with you? There were only two things I could think of...1) my critters and 2) my passport so I could still go to Europe next month. Irv and I agreed that we need to get things organized so we can just grab a box...
Yesterday I got to visit the recently completed Uncle Tom's Overlook along the Yellowstone River in Yellowstone National Park. This is the first really good look I've ever had at the Upper Falls of the Yellowstone River. These falls are almost as good as the Lower Falls. After leaving the Upper Falls you go downstream for a mile or so to.... ...Artist's Point which has the very best view of the Lower Falls (in my opinion). In this location the view is perfect, so perfect that it look like a painting. This is just one of the features of this Park that make it my heart and soul. Linking with Skywatch Friday
The Salt River wild horses have been eluding us since we arrived in Arizona several weeks ago so today we went in search of them again. This time we started at the Coon Bluff Recreation Area. First we went one way down the river, but soon had to turn back because we didn't bring any rock climbing gear. Then we turned around and went the other direction. The water in the river was crystal clear, but no sign of fish or horses. There are times when I really miss my dad especially when I want to know what kind of tree I'm looking at. This one has something that resembles Spanish moss hanging down. What is it? This riparian area that surrounds the river has all kinds of wildlife. Today we saw theses white egrets. This gray heron was also hanging out in the distance. We met a guy carrying all kinds of photographic equipment and he said we needed to go about a quarter of a mile further down the river to find a spot where the horses cross every afternoon around 5:0...
Comments