This and That
Life is back to "normal" after our travels. I got pretty sick right after returning home and stayed that way for two weeks. Covid tests were negative, it didn't have symptoms that resembled the flu, I think it was just a really bad cold that moved into my lungs. My sweet hubbie took great care of me so now I'm back to normal.
I volunteered to host Thanksgiving at the house this year. Our nephew and his family moved to Denver last summer so we invited them and Irv's brother and sister-in-law to join us. Several years ago I retired from cooking holiday meals, but this year I made an exception and roasted a turkey and all the fixings. On Christmas I'll go back to catering the meal and it will just be us and our kids and grandkids that I don't get to see very often.No worries though. We have plans with the NM and Denver relatives on Christmas Eve and I got the best news ever when my brother said he and his family will come a few days after Christmas! I come from an extremely small family and I've missed them terribly. (Keep fingers crossed for good weather.)
This is where I sit in our family room. This is also where all of my fur babies like to be. They all like to cuddle with mama.
Irv and I had date night on Tuesday. A habit that we like to keep up with even though we're old and have been married for decades.
When the grandkids are coming for Christmas Irv goes all out on the outside decorations.
I like to decorate inside, we even had two trees up before Christmas which is something I've never done before.
We had a majestic visitor in the neighborhood a couple days ago.
Irv and I have gone bowling a couple times recently.
I dug out my vintage ball, bag, and shoes that I purchased 37 years ago. Guess what? They still work great!
Irv is great at every sport he does.
My high game was 146! That's quite amazing for someone who hasn't bowled in years. We won't talk about Irv's score.
When I was standing in the cathedral in Cologne and the choir was signing and the priest was saying mass, I felt such a overwhelming peace. Since Covid we have gotten out of going to worship on Sundays. This morning that changed. I feel renewed for another week. Not quite the Cologne cathedral, but beautiful in its simplicity.
Then we came home and watched the Broncos. Unfortunately it didn't turn out as I wanted, but it was a close one.
The best news of the week was that my brother finally got to come home from the rehab hospital in Tulsa. He's had a rough go of it for the last six weeks or so.
Have a great week!











Comments
When I worked in the field I loved seeing the decorated houses out in the country.
Nice collection of fur babies that you have there.