It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

It's been a pretty quiet week around here.  I'm pretty much ready for Christmas except for stocking stuffers and a couple gifts.  We've really cut down for Christmas this year--our kids are all adults and have what they need.  Now the grandkids are a different story although a 22 year old is very difficult to shop for.  

We've ordered the Christmas meal and will only need to make a couple side dishes to go along with it.  We'll see who wants to participate in the holiday cocktail contest.  It was so much fun we should do it again this year.  

I have to admit that I really used to dread Christmas.  It was so much work probably because I was working full time, felt I needed to get everyone 10 unique gifts, and did all the cooking myself.  My new mantra is to enjoy the reason for the season and my family.  I'm especially happy that the Tulsa family is coming!  I've done all the meal planning and have my shopping list put together.  It will all be easy peasy.


I've been busy making cookies for the crew that will be here--5 types so far which is probably enough.  I'll make fudge a couple days before everyone arrives too.


I've been working on my teepee painting.  No, it won't be ready for Diana by Christmas, but it will be fabulous with all the color.


I've also done the sketch for my next painting.  This one will be called Enchanted Forest.  The forests in Germany are very enchanted and magical.


I also made my first ever gingerbread.  Please notice that these are gingerbread women.  The cookies are delicious, the decorations not so much.  Why does the piping always look so easy on the holiday baking shows that I'm addicted to?


How many other people have to have runners throughout the laminate flooring in their house because their year old puppy is scared to death of the the floors?  I finally broke down and purchased some even though it make look a little funny.  We have to make allowances for the pets in our lives.


We got our first big snowfall of the season--about six inches I'd guess.  We've just been staying inside watching Christmas movies and baking cookies.  Being retired is the best.  The sun is shining today so hopefully some melting will take place.  My dad would be happy to know his old snowblower is still chugging along.


Look at that big sheet of ice about to come off the roof.  I told Irv to make sure he didn't stand underneath there.  I think he went out and knocked it down after I took this picture.  

How are your Christmas preparations coming along?


Comments

polcat24 said…
Snow blower worked great. I tried to knock it all down but only the over hanging stuff came down.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
That all looks great. Good ole Irv keeping the snow blower blowing. Dad used to have a broom handle that he undercut the overhanging ice with to get it to fall. That's great but it was hard as concrete.

Amen to adults can get their own gifts if they need something.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!