Skywatch Friday: Chihuly in the Desert!

We made a visit to the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden this week.  The garden is a great place to visit anytime, but even more so when there's a Dale Chihuly exhibit. 


Above is the Fiori Boat, the first piece of the collection you encounter after entering the garden.


These are the Blue Birch Reeds.  I love the blue mixed with the green cacti.


The Lime and Lava Red tower is a freestanding sculpture.   


The above is named Sororan Neon.  It looks like they light up at night...hmmm, maybe a night visit is in our future.


This chandelier is the Aqua Blue and Amber Chandelier.  Multiple glass pieces are assembled and mounted to a steel stand.  Again, I enjoy the blue and green combination.


Not sure what this one was called.  All I know is that it's amazing and colorful.


This is Sol Del Citron.  It's composed of 1500+ pieces of glass.  It represents the sun and is perfect for the Sonoran Desert.


These are called the Red Reeds.  How the heck do they blow these long reeds?


No Chihuly in this shot, but I love how the walkway was lined with these cacti.


I love how these Neodymium Reeds and mixed with the agave plants.


This one is the Opal and Amber Tower.  It's beautifully presented with these red plants.


I love that red rock with all the holes.  I heard a lady describe it as a Native American Condo.  I bet it's fun to climb up there.


There was also an indoor exhibit.  This was my favorite.  I love the mixture of colors.  So tranquil and soothing.


Last shot before leaving the garden.  These pieces blend in perfectly with their surroundings.  I'm so grateful to the Botanical Garden for having this exhibit.  I LOVE Chihuly and his creativity.  We were so lucky this exhibition was in Phoenix this spring.  It's going to be on display until June 19th.

Have you been lucky enough to see a Chihuly?



Comments

Jim said…
Great sculptures.
Joyful said…
Beautiful display. I can see why an outing there would be worthwhile.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Great shots!!
Chihuly is amazing. We've seen his exhibitions at the Oklahoma City Art Museum, Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville, the St Louis Botanic Gardens, and at a museum in Seattle.

The gardens by themselves are great the exhibits accentuate them.
I love the way the sculptures blend in and even augment the cactus surroundings. Very beautiful!
Greetings and Salutations! These wonderful sculptures fit right in with the cacti.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!