On the Green
Our time in the Valley of the Sun is coming to an end and there are so many things I haven't blogged about so I'm going to try to catch up.
For Christmas my hubby received two tickets to the Waste Management Phoenix Open in Scottsdale. Now, I'm not a golf fan or follower at all, but I was more than happy to spend the day outside in the sun on a beautiful golf course.
When we arrived we realized we were there on ProAm day. One pro was grouped with "celebrities". Now most of these celebrities were CEOs of financial companies or places like Chipotle or Golf companies, but there were some celebs I'd actually heard of.
At the first hole we stopped at we really didn't recognize anyone until we saw the mullet. Yep, that's Aaron Rodgers.
He was there with his armed sheriffs for protection. I wanted to yell out "you're a big fat liar", but I'm not really that person. His inability to tell the truth about his vaccination status shows his lack of ethics and that doesn't impress me. Time to move on,
We walked around the course for awhile then headed over to the Patriot's Outpost. Waste Management provides free admission to the tournament for all active duty and veterans and also has a hospitality tent with free food and drinks. We enjoyed soft drinks and a couple beers in addition to a meal from Chick-fil-a.
While sitting in the grandstand we got to watch Emmitt Smith tee off.
Then it was time to explore the course some more and get our steps in for the day. That's Larry Fitzgerald, former wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals. Super nice guy who talked with the crowd and had his precious little daughter with him.
Can you recognize this other guy we came across? Yep, that Michael Phelps. Another very personable and gracious guy who interacted with the crowd. Not sure I would ever have recognized him with that mustache.
Irv got a selfie with a fellow Chiefs fan, Rob Riggle. I wouldn't have recognized him either. Most recently he was on Modern Family and the Daly Show and SNL. Another very friendly celeb.
We walked the entire course and on some of the holes that are far away from the clubhouse we were the only spectators. We got to see Bubba Watson out there. Before long we caught up with Aaron again. This time someone from the crowd asked him if he was going to the Broncos and he responded "we'll see". As we know now, he re-signed with the Packers and we got Russell Wilson. Woohoo!
After getting our 10K+ steps in for the day we headed back to the Patriot's Outpost for more ice cold beverages. While there we watched Patrick Peterson tee off, he's another former Cardinal. He interacted with the crowd at the outpost and when one guy yelled down "I love you man", Patrick responded with a heart sign and an "I love you too". It's great when celebs act like normal people although who knows how much they had to contribute to participate in this tournament.
It was a great day with my best friend. I had not known what to expect, I thought it was going to be extremely boring, but it was actually a lot of fun. I hope to do it again.
Thanks Dana and Adam!
Comments