Skywatch Friday: Saquaros

 On a recent trip to Cave Creek, Arizona we got to spend some time in the desert.  On this hike we not only got to enjoy the desert, but also a creek bed.  Isn't it amazing how the ecosystems are so closely intertwined?


This was the first chance I've had to use my "new" camera.  Before Christmas I took my Nikon D5000 to a local camera shop for a cleaning.  We we told the guy who does the cleanings was out for awhile due to a death in the family.  No problem.  After six weeks or so we got a call that we needed to come down to the shop.  When I got there they told the sensors in my camera had been damaged during the cleaning.  They offered to replace it with a D5200.  What was I to do?  They could have paid me the value of my camera which wouldn't have been much or I could just accept the replacement which is what I chose to do.  The thing that sucked is that still charged me for the cleaning.  Not the best customer service.


Anyway, on this outing we were not only treated to some spectacular desert foliage, but the skies were being dramatic which makes for good Skywatch shots.


I am more than a little obsessed with the saguaros.  I literally took hundreds of shots of them.


They're all different which makes them even more special.


Did you know it takes 75-100 years for a saguaro to get its first arm.  Can you imagine how old some o these beauties must be?


I love the desert.  I hope to live there someday so I can hike through the saguaros whenever I choose.

Are you a desert, mountain, tundra, or beach type of person?


Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Outstanding photos. We are going on an outing to southern Oklahoma where it is mountainous and halfway a desert so I am hoping to get some photos. No cacti though!!

Well that kind of sucks about your camera and frustrating. How could they have damaged the sensors???
Saguaros are so cool!! As soon as I see a water source in the desert, I start thinking about the Native Americans who were here before us, and wondering if there are artifacts in the area. Sorry to hear about your camera. You have to be pretty careless to damage a sensor while cleaning.
Klara said…
gorgeous. I hope your new camera will serve you well.
Greetings and Salutations! New camera works well. Keep on shooting. Enjoy it!
Joyful said…
Awesome photos. I love the desert, the beach, mountains and tundra. If I had to choose one I guess it would be the mountains but it needs to be near a body of water like a creek or river. Sorry about the poor customer service. It doesn't seem right that they would charge for cleaning a camera you never got back.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!