Happy Birthday

 I know more people who have a birthday on March 1st than any other day of the year.  There is one of them who is more special than any other though.


Mr. Beans was born on this day 20 years ago.  As soon as I heard I jumped in the truck and made my way to Kansas--icy roads and all.


He was a precious baby.


We've had lots of adventures over the years  This is one of my favorite photos taken back in the day when we thought we could turn him into a cowboy.


We used to have season tickets for three at the Air Force Academy football games.  I don't think he was every a fan, but he liked watching the flyovers and other military rituals.  


Here he is with his cousin, Logan.  They were good buddies, but now hardly ever see each other.  They're both college men now.


There was also the phase where he tried every sport that Pappy suggested.  Football was a horrible experience mainly due to very bad coaching.


Here he is with his great grandma and another cousin.


Pappy took him on a road trip to the Grand Canyon once.  The joke about this trip is that the two men never changed clothes as evidenced by the pictures that were taken.  Gross!


He has always been a favorite of his Aunt Dana.  She's the one who started his nickname of Mr. Beans. He used to go to his Aunt Jean's horse shows too.


Here's evidence that deep down he is a Bronco fan.


He was loved by his great gramps.


Adorable!


Where has all the time gone?


We used to drag him to all the 5Ks.  Who else misses 5Ks?


This was a indicator of his future career.  Not a policeman, but a fireman.  He's studying Fires Sciences in school.


These two always used to be up to some kind of shenanigan.


He didn't get to spend much time with his great granny, but I'm glad she got to meet him.


In his heart I know he's a CSU Ram.  He used to enjoy our visits and even helped me with 4-H contests there back in the day.


One day we dragged him on a seven mile hike through Waldo Canyon.  He didn't even complain.  We were all exhausted that day.


We've dragged his to Disney World and Disney Land a few times.  Even when he was a teenager he wanted to go with us.  He was very patient with his little cousin.


Such a good sport for his Grammy.


I could go on and on with the pictures and stories.   Mr. Beans is smarter than the rest of us and doesn't get on social media so I don't know if he'll see this or not.  This wonderful young man has been my heart and soul for 20 years.  I can't wait to see what the next 20 bring.

Happy Birthday!


Today is also Yellowstone's 149th birthday.  What a coincidence that my two loves have birthdays on the same day.








Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Happy belated Birthday Mr. Beans.

He is quite the guy. We are all very proud of him.
polcat24 said…
Yep, that boy was a great blessing for us all.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!