Saguaros Everywhere!
One day while we were in Phoenix we loaded up Miss G and made the drive down to Tucson to visit the Saguaro National Park.
Miss G is always up for an adventure.
We stopped and did lots of walkabouts. Many of these photos are courtesy of Miss G. She asked if she could use the camera so of course I said yes.
Everything is a contest in this family so we were all looking for the saguaro with the most arms.
I believe this was the winner. It was right in front of our car when we parked at the trailhead.
There's always the obligatory selfie when we hike.
Miss G walked and walked and walked and I kept asking her if she was getting tired. At some point she finally agreed to turn back and it wasn't long until she asked Pappy to carry her. Those days are gone though, but she was a real trooper and made the hike out.
She dared Pappy to kiss a cactus.
When we were on the nature trail she asked us to stop and read all the information signs. She is a sponge when it comes to learning things.
Don't you think saguaros are the most amazing plants?
There were hundreds and thousands of them in every direction you looked.
There were lots of mesquite trees also.
I really kind of like it here. Although it was only about 66 degrees. I imagine it's not so nice in the midst of summer.
Miss G asked us to kiss for a picture.
Is there anything sweeter than a grandfather and granddaughter walking together?
If you're ever in southern Arizona I highly recommend a stop to see the saguaros.
Three national parks in a week! I am a happy camper.







Comments