Hiking the Palmer Park Trails

 Last year I really started exploring the "urban" mountain that is in the middle of Colorado Springs.  Normally I like to get out in the woods when I hike, but it's always a bit of a drive.


I decided that it's okay to go for an urban hike especially if it gets you into nature and there's at least a little bit of solitude.  Maisy likes to hike here also and sometimes Irv gets to come along.  On this morning he asked me if I wanted to go geocaching and I said "yes".  Anything to get out of the house for awhile.


There had been a recent snowfall so in sunny locations the trail was dry...


...an in other locations it was snow packed.


Maisy detests hiking on anything other than dry ground and to be quite honest, she prefers a paved path which are exactly the well beaten paths I choose to avoid.


One of the geocaches Irv found was a little off the trail.  It's helpful when footprints in the snow indicate where other people have looked.  It's a hint for those difficult to find caches.


At one point we came out on a bluff that overlooks the city.  There are houses and a horse boarding stable that border this park.  Hmmm....this might be the perfect location to live.  I'd love to live right near a park with lots of hiking trails.

In the distance you'll see Pikes Peak and what do you notice about it?  Yep, hardly any snow.  We need lots and lots of snow to get us out of this drought.

Where's your favorite place to get away from it all?


Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
It's great to have varied places to hike close to home.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!