LIfe goes on...

So much for being a more reliable blogger in 2020.  I always have great intentions, but the follow through isn't so great.  The last few months have really been weighing on me.  I try to find the positive in every day, but sometimes it is so difficult.  Here's a rundown on what's been going on since my last post.

My brother continues to face new challenges.  He is now in his sixth facility since becoming ill in November.  During all this time and the challenges he has faced he has never once complained which is very refreshing.  He has a strong Christian belief which is evidenced by his enduring faith.  He still needs your continued prayers as he's facing some serious complications right now.

At the beginning of the month we lost our sweet black lab.  I've been putting off blogging about Keira because her absence is still very painful.  When you have a happy, go lucky companion for 16 years and then she's gone just like that, it's difficult to talk about.


Maisy is an only dog now.  For two weeks she hardly ate anything.  She misses her big sis.


Keira is back home with us now.  She joins Cocoa, Cody, and Tabitha on the mantel.  When my time comes their ashes should all be scattered with mine.  (I hope my kids know that.)


I've almost finished my portrait of Keira.  Just a few more finishing touches to go.  Yes, I'm painting in the house again.  It's become impossible to keep my she shed studio warm enough to paint in this winter so I moved inside.


We can't talk about February without talking about the snow.  One storm after another and cold, brutally cold.  So far this winter we've had nearly 40" of snow. 


I try to make a trip to the gym 3-5 times per week.  It's all part of my"I give a damn" belief.  No way am I just going to sit around getting older and fatter like many women my age who no longer give a damn.  This old lady will be going strong for as long as possible.


I'm working on three paintings at the same time this month.  With oil paints you have to wait for each layer to dry which is a minimum of three days so it's helpful to have multiple paintings going at the same time.  Above is one I just started that is a street in Edinburgh.  I love painting cobblestones and brick buildings so this is my favorite painting that I'm currently working on.


My teacher likes me to work on still life subjects so this glass jar is almost done.  Next session I should finish it off then I'm going to start on a landscape, probably of the Tetons or Yellowstone.  My painting buddy that I painted with for over five years and with three instructors passed away in January.  I had last seen her in October before my brother got sick.  She thought she was in remission from her breast cancer, but while I was gone to Memphis the cancer spread to her lungs and she didn't respond to treatment.  It was devastating losing her especially since I didn't get to say goodbye.


One bright light right now is our trip to WDW in Orlando with Georgie and her parents.  I have to admit that a few days in the warmth and sun sounds really good.  We, or more correctly I, am a Disney junkie...we try to go every other year at least, sometimes we get there every year.  And it has got to be Disney World...Disney Land just doesn't cut it.  


I'll be heading there with my foot taped...


and a splint to use when I sleep or am just sitting around.  I've been dealing with plantar fasciitis since August and haven't been able to cure it myself so yesterday I went to my podiatrist for a steroid injection and to have him tape it up.  Hopefully this will help, but don't worry it won't slow me down at Disney.  I've learned to work through the pain.


I finally have a ring again to prove I'm a married woman.  I think I blogged earlier about losing the center diamond in my wedding ring right before Thanksgiving.  Even though it was insured, it turned out to be a better choice to scrap the old ring and get a new one.  I loved my previous ring and I love this new one too.  I decided to do something different from the traditional diamond so now I have an aquamarine surrounded by diamonds.  It's very sparkly.  Just try to ignore the almost 60 year old fingers that it's on.😅

So that's enough of an update for now.  I'll say hello to Mickey and Minnie for y'all.








Comments

polcat24 said…
Yes we miss Kiera very much, she was a great dog. Looking forward to some warmth in Florida also and to give big slobby kisses to my little grand girl. And I really like the ring it's very sparkly.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Good for you for going to the gym. I am glad that you give a damn. Sorry about your dog. They just don’t live long enough. Our brother certainly needs everybody’s prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!