What has been going on?
I've been slacking with my blogging lately. Life is pretty humdrum when you don't live in Yellowstone so I don't have photos of amazing waterfalls or wildlife to share anymore.
Sad, I know. I really miss that place!
What I have been doing in my spare time is working for my former employer helping them out with a few projects and....
in my spare time I've been crafting because it's craft fair season. We're only doing two shows this year and the first was a couple weeks ago.
The icy weekend was a good time to just stay home and do more crafting! I got 14 more Grinch mugs done. This is another big seller. I've gotten really good at painting the Grinch with my eyes closed.
Right next to that is the portrait of Georgie that I started months ago. It's in the exact same state that it was when I got home from Yellowstone. I think it's a massive failure and I don't have the desire to keep working on it or anything else. I hope to get my passion for painting back soon--I've found a new teacher to start studying with as soon as my painting partner is finished with her cancer treatments. I told her I'd wait until she was ready.
Our little family will all be separated for the holiday. I made a basket for our middle daughter and grandson who will be alone for the holiday.
Here's what I'm most thankful for...our beautiful little family. We'll all be together for Christmas and I can't wait.
It's been three weeks since we lost our sweet Cody. I miss him so much especially when I come home. He was always at the door waiting for us with a smile on his face and a happy tail.
That's what I've been up to. What about you?
Sad, I know. I really miss that place!
What I have been doing in my spare time is working for my former employer helping them out with a few projects and....
in my spare time I've been crafting because it's craft fair season. We're only doing two shows this year and the first was a couple weeks ago.
We've built up quite an inventory and this year the "hot" items were the pallet signs that I hand paint. We did absolutely fantastic at the show with our highest sales yet, but it left our inventory depleted. With a two day show coming up December 1-2 I've been devoting every spare moment to replenish our stock. Some nights Irv has even come and told me to stop and come to bed.
This past weekend we had a cold snap with freezing drizzle.
Everything was covered in a layer of ice.
My boys enjoyed a nap in the sun the next day.
It warmed up everything started thawing and it was a beautiful sight as the fog hovered above the ground.
When you have a cold spell the horses like to hang out in the barn. Did you know that a horse poops 50 lbs. per day?
You know what that means, don't you? Lots of mucking--wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow. I think I'm getting too old for this physical labor.
I asked Irv if he wanted to come out to the barn and join me for a barn cleaning party and he didn't hesitate to say yes. What a great guy!
The icy weekend was a good time to just stay home and do more crafting! I got 14 more Grinch mugs done. This is another big seller. I've gotten really good at painting the Grinch with my eyes closed.
I managed to get seven more signs put together. I hope that's enough for a two day show.
Here's something new--I'll see if they sell and maybe they will be added to next year's inventory. You'll also see the eyeballs I painted for a friend. He wanted them for a gag gift for his dad--there's a long story behind it.
Right next to that is the portrait of Georgie that I started months ago. It's in the exact same state that it was when I got home from Yellowstone. I think it's a massive failure and I don't have the desire to keep working on it or anything else. I hope to get my passion for painting back soon--I've found a new teacher to start studying with as soon as my painting partner is finished with her cancer treatments. I told her I'd wait until she was ready.
This week we're heading down to a big ole family Thanksgiving in New Mexico. I've got my ingredients all packed up for the dishes I've been assigned. I love Thanksgiving, but a few years ago we decided to take it easy on the food and cater in a meal so that the holiday could be enjoyed by everyone and not just those who don't cook or clean (aka the men). Actually, in our family the men always jump in and help.
Our little family will all be separated for the holiday. I made a basket for our middle daughter and grandson who will be alone for the holiday.
Here's what I'm most thankful for...our beautiful little family. We'll all be together for Christmas and I can't wait.
It's been three weeks since we lost our sweet Cody. I miss him so much especially when I come home. He was always at the door waiting for us with a smile on his face and a happy tail.
That's what I've been up to. What about you?
Comments
50 pounds of poop a day. Sometimes I think our dogs get close.
Take it easy on yourself with the painting of G. I think it is good.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, Irv, Dana, Adam, G, and Irv's family.
Go Cowboys!!