Trotting with the Turkeys
Our tradition is to start Thanksgiving Day with a 5K Turkey Trot and we were lucky to find one in Albuquerque this year when we were down there visiting family.
It was cold and I mean really cold--35 degrees at race time. Normally I wouldn't be so cold, but I did not come prepared for a race in this temperature. I expected it to be warmer, after all it is Albuquerque.
Little Miss G just wanted to stay in her stroller. The Phoenicians were suffering in this frigid weather. We took turns running her up and down the sidewalk to keep warm.
A very cool sculpture outside the International Balloon Fiesta Museum.
Turkey Man was there!
Even the dogs were decked out in their turkey hats.
Off we go. We purposely started at the back of the pack. This was going to be a fitness walk for some of us.
Irv and his shorts. I think he was frozen.
Mile 2--look at that pace. At least we aren't last.
Pappy and Miss G had fun pretending to knock down the cones along the race course.
There's Adam coming back to meet us or more likely to retrieve his jacket since Miss G was using it as a blanket. He could have lapped the rest of us two or three times. He came in 5th in his age group.
Getting closer! Get me to the warm car!
That's it for my Thanksgiving Day pictures! No pictures of the feast or the very large group that gathered for dinner. Yes, I know, I'm a blogging failure.
Hope y'all had a Happy Thanksgiving!
Comments