Week in Review
Another week and my kitchen still isn't done--but it's getting close.
The quartz counter-tops were installed on Friday.
They are even more beautiful than I had hoped!
The back splash tiling began yesterday (yes, they came out to work on a Saturday). It's going to be white subway tile with a thin line of accent glass tiles. The HUGE (or as someone says "YUGE") farmers sink was installed too.
Our contractor says everything will be done by Friday. I'm skeptical. The crown molding still needs to be done, a couple walls need painted, drawer pulls and knobs need to be installed, trim needs to be completed all in addition to the tiling. I can not even begin to tell you how ready I am to have my house back. I actually cannot wait to do a complete and thorough spring cleaning the minute they finish up.
This week I also finished up a painting of the streets of Rothenburg, Germany from a photo I took last year.
It still needs some touch up, but for the most part it's done.
The new art instructor that I'm studying under encouraged me to try a portrait. She's an artist who specializes in portraits and makes a living solely with her art so I decided it would be a good time to try. I'm already regretting this decision because it's difficult and time consuming. There's a good chance I may never reveal this portrait, but above is a hint as to who my subject is.
This week Mary and I also went to see the touring production of Kinky Boots. I have just one thing to say--FANTASTIC! It's an entertaining show with a great message--accept others for who they are.
We've also been looking at 5th wheel trailers again and found one we absolutely love. It's a 2017 model and the price is fantastic. It has three slide outs, a separate bedroom with large closet and can easily sleep 6.
We got our taxes submitted and sent the IRS a check for thousands and thousands of more dollars in addition to the thousands and thousands of dollars that were withheld throughout the year. Woohoo! Irv and I fall into a tax bracket that will actually see a 6% increase next year with Trump's YUGE tax cuts. People are so idiotic to fall for his propaganda--only he and his cronies will benefit from this.
![]() |
I do have hopes though that the millennial and younger generations can bring change about. We need the older generation to step aside and let change take place. We need the NRA to get out of our elected official's pockets. And wasn't it nice for Trump to forego golfing in Florida this weekend out of respect for those dead children? Of course his Twitter feed is unhinged with all the Russian revelations. Thankfully though he sent thoughts and prayers to Florida.
Okay, I've digressed into a political commentary, but this is my blog and I can do that.
This week I'll once again be hanging out with the contractors while they finish my kitchen so yet another boring week at home.
Have a good week!


Comments
The trailer looks fantastic. Which critter are you taking to yellowstone?
I might be retiring pretty soon, I don't know. Sat down with the company finance guy and found out that I am basically working for free right now.