Not Acceptable

Sometimes in life there are things, or more specifically people, who hurt you, your children, or your grandchildren.  I don't focus on anyone's color--black, brown, yellows, red, or white.  I see the person for who they are rather than the color of their skin.

One thing the current administration has done is to make it okay for outwardly displays of racism and hatred.  I don't hang out with racists (as far as I know), I don't invite them into my circle, I don't need them or their ignorance in my life.  I raised my children to accept people different from who they are.  I raised my girls to stand up for what they believe in.  I raised them to see the whole world not just their small portion of the world.  I raised them to protest and protest we have this year--that's what built America.  We cannot sit idly by while injustices are taking place.  If that makes me a bad parent as some people have implied, then I am a bad parent.

A person's race or religion should not be the determining factor on what kind of person he or she is.  Character, morals, ethics are what matters most.  All Muslims aren't bad people--only a very small percentage are radical just like Christians.  In this country we have more to fear from radical, white, male Christians than we do from Muslims.  Black people don't do all the looting, they're just the ones who end up in hate-filled memes on Facebook.  Looters and criminals come in all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, and colors.

I will protect my children and grandchildren from those who make racist comments or posts on Facebook. I will not forgive or forget comments that suggest that white supremacists are more important than black lives.  What is said can never be unsaid, your actions and words have consequences.  What is posted on Facebook is available for the whole world to see.

I see you.
We see you.
The world sees you.

Shame on you.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
The wink wink attitude of our current administration is a dream for racists everywhere and has certainly emboldened them.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!