Getting older...

I'm having some trouble getting into the "blogging" routine again.  I'm a little disgusted with social media lately--you know, the stalkers and the haters.  My blog is my life journal though so I'm going to keep going.

Today we're going to talk about getting older.  Both my parents are gone now so my brothers and I are the older generation .  Irv even called me the "Matriarch of the family".  Yikes!! How did that happen?  I'm so happy to be getting older--it's certainly better than the alternative.  I'm doing everything I can to be a heathy "older" person.  I read an article last week about mobility as we age.  It said people who watch five or more hours of TV per day have lots more mobility issues.  I believe that is so true. 

I was almost at the 100 mile mark in the Yellowstone Employee Hiking Club this summer when I unexpectedly had to drop out.  Even though my left foot hurt like crazy this summer following a hike, I didn't let the pain stop me.  This week, however, I visited my foot doctor.  My fear was that I had a stress fracture.


Luckily, or maybe not so luckily, there was no fracture.  I just have arthritis in that foot.

What the heck?  I'm an active person--I try to get five miles in every day.  I need my foot to keep going for at least another 30 years.  I'm going to do my first marathon at 80.

No "why me" pity party for me though, my doctor is a miracle worker and he prescribed me an anti-inflammatory that has already brought me unbelievable relief from the pain.  So until Trump takes away my health insurance and prescriptions because of my pre-existing conditions, I'll be a happy camper with a happy foot.

Getting older is great, getting older is great, getting older is great, getting older is great......

Comments

polcat24 said…
Your not getting older, your getting better. :)
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
I think five hours of tv and being online!!

You have really upped your physical activity it seems the last several years and have been trying all sorts of different things and I think that is great. I've read, and believe it to be true, that how you do in one decade depends on what you did the previous decade.

So keep on doing what you are doing both physically and mentally. You are an inspiration.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!