Skywatch Friday: Usery Rec Area


On a recent trip to Arizona our son-in-law took us out for a "nature hike".  He knows how to make his mother-in-law happy.

 
This was our trail for the morning.

 
I love the desert, maybe not as much as I love my Colorado mountains, but I still love it.  The vegetation is amazing.  We got the full desert experience including a rattlesnake who rattled at us before slithering away.
 

In mid-March it was already getting to the mid-90s in the afternoons.  Luckily, we got up early for our exploration.

 
Joshua Trees are one of my favorite desert plants.

 
It was a beautiful hike!  Next time I can do without the rattlesnake though.
 

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Yikes, snakes!!!
They are out here as well.
You DID get the full desert experience!! Rattlesnakes are so rare anymore, I feel lucky when I see one (only seen one in 8 years). The AZ desert looks like mine here in the Joshua Tree area, except AZ has the big saguaros and we have the JTrees. No saguaros here (unless people plant them, which is common).

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!