Polcat's Crooked Smile

We have something new around our place.  For Christmas Irv got supplies to put together his own micro caches to hide for other people to find.  He also got some travel bugs that we're going to transport to Europe next month.

A few weeks ago he created "Polcat's Crooked Smile".  He registered it with geocache.com and then put my camera with the telephoto lens out by the living room window so he could get shots of the first people to find it which he was sure would be any minute.

One day turned into two, two turned into three, three turned into a week, then two weeks.  Nobody showed up to find his cache.  He was getting pretty discouraged and then one day somebody found it when he wasn't looking.

Can you see it?  (I didn't want to be too obvious so I took a shot while checking the mail.)



Somebody who works at Shreiver AFB came over to find it and that guy was excited to be the "first to find".  I guess that's some kind of coveted prize in the geocaching world.

Anyway, Irv has been bugging me to blog about his first cache.  I asked him if he wasn't afraid that a bunch of muggles would read my blog and then know how to easily find it.

Let's face the facts here...1) muggles aren't going to read my blog to find a cache out on a country road in the middle of nowhere and 2) it's really not difficult to find.

Jillian was able to find it while she was visiting.


It's the little things in life that make it fun!

Happy geocaching!






Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Well that is pretty cool. I probably won't be able to find it. I'm sure you would blog that.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!