Veteran's Day Parade

Once again I'm really behind on my blogging.  We had the most exhausting weekend with our first craft fair and I'm still trying to recover from that.  I'll blog about that later, but right now I have to go back to Veteran's Day and Mr. Beans.

GiGi and her mom came for a visit and we got to take them to the big Veteran's Day parade in downtown Colorado Springs to watch her cousin march in the parade.  It was a little big cold, but not too bad.

 
GiGi wasn't very excited, but she was a good sport even though she wasn't impressed by the parade at all.

 
What is a parade without horses?  Even better--real cavalry horses!

 
We live in a military town which means there are soldiers...

 
lots of soldiers.

 
G really likes hanging out with her Pappy.

 
We even got a fly by.

 
See, I told you she wasn't impressed.  She took a nap with Pappy who took extra special care to cover her ears when anything loud went by--sirens, motorcycles, bands, etc.  Why do hundreds of motorcycles have to be in every parade?

 
Here it comes...the whole reason we were here.  Mr. Beans was marching with his Jr. ROTC group from Mitchell High School.

 
Here comes his squad (we recognized his squad leader), but where is Mr. Beans?  They all look alike in uniform.

 
Dang it, I missed him.  He was on the far side.  I wanted to cross the street and run after him to get a good picture, but decided he might not appreciate that.  After all, he is in high school now.  (How did that happen?)

 
Did I mention that Mary and I went for a six mile walk prior to the parade.  Woohoo!  Half-marathon training is working, we can easily go miles without stopping or hurting.


The Phoenician was there too all bundled up like it was the middle of winter.  Actually she did really good and didn't even complain.

So here's a blog about Mr. Beans and his participation in the Veteran's Day and there's not a single picture of him in uniform.  So here's his official Jr. ROTC photograph.


Isn't he the most handsome Airman you've ever seen?  So proud of this young man!  (I asked him why he doesn't smile in uniform and he says they have to maintain military bearing.  I guess it makes them look tough.  Grrr!)

It was a fun day celebrating our military veterans and future veterans.  It always fun to be together as a family although we missed those who weren't with us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!