Always on the go
Another whirlwind weekend is about to wrap up. I don't think I know what it means to sit around the house and do nothing anymore. Weekends are the fastest two days of the weeks. It's always amazing to see just how much can be packed into a Saturday and Sunday.
After painting class, Mary and Mr. Beans came over for a celebratory dinner in honor of Mr. Beans' great report from his parent-teacher conferences. Mary and I also took time to get our glassware inventoried and packaged for transport to our first craft fair on November 14th. We have about 250 glasses ready. I'm not quite sure how we're going to get this inside the school...supposedly there will be student volunteers there to help us haul all this stuff.
Sunday morning I was going to sleep and take advantage of the extra hour of sleep due to the end of daylight savings time. I made it all the way until 5:42 a.m. until I needed to get out of bed (laying down is very painful for my back). Then I got up and decided it was time to switch out the summer and winter clothes. Yes, summer is officially over now and I'm quite thrilled that I made it until November 1st to get the winter clothes out. Do you know what would be even easier than having to switch my clothes around for each season? I think Irv should just move his stuff out of our closet so I could have all the space to myself. Selfish, I know, but I'm a clothes lover and Irv could really care less what he wears.
Saturdays begin with my favorite activity of the week...my painting lessons, it's the one thing I do totally for myself. I'm still working on my painting of the Lower Falls at Yellowstone. This week I focused on the waterfall. Next week I'll work on the river and then I think it will be about done. With all the glass painting I've been doing the last few months, this painting has taken a backseat.
After painting class, Mary and Mr. Beans came over for a celebratory dinner in honor of Mr. Beans' great report from his parent-teacher conferences. Mary and I also took time to get our glassware inventoried and packaged for transport to our first craft fair on November 14th. We have about 250 glasses ready. I'm not quite sure how we're going to get this inside the school...supposedly there will be student volunteers there to help us haul all this stuff.
Sunday morning I was going to sleep and take advantage of the extra hour of sleep due to the end of daylight savings time. I made it all the way until 5:42 a.m. until I needed to get out of bed (laying down is very painful for my back). Then I got up and decided it was time to switch out the summer and winter clothes. Yes, summer is officially over now and I'm quite thrilled that I made it until November 1st to get the winter clothes out. Do you know what would be even easier than having to switch my clothes around for each season? I think Irv should just move his stuff out of our closet so I could have all the space to myself. Selfish, I know, but I'm a clothes lover and Irv could really care less what he wears.
Then it was time to meet Mary in town for our "long walk" of the week. We have a training plan for the half marathon we're doing in February and it involves 2-3 miles each day and then a long walk on the weekends. This week we did five miles and we'll keep increasing that until we're up to 10 miles a week before the race.
We chose to do a new trail this is about 18 miles long. The only problem was that we came across a sign saying the trail was closed when we reached the Air Force Academy.
Well, there's only one thing to do when you encounter a gate across a trail that you want to go on it. You climb through it and continue on. The last time we did this we encountered a bear, today it was only a snake, but you should have heard the screaming that went on.
The trail, which was deserted except for us, was amazing! There's nothing prettier than Colorado in the fall. It was 70 degrees outside and the sky was clear blue.
Before long we decided it might be good to head back before the military police showed up. We were treated to this view of Pikes Peak upon our return trip.
Then Mary and I went grocery shopping. Never fun!
I tried a new recipe for dinner...something I took from Dana's Pinterest board. Whenever I'm looking for a new recipe I visit Dana's Pinterest boards. She has a board where she puts things she's tried and liked so that way I don't have to do the experimenting. It was yummy!
Before Irv got home from work I spent a little time at my "painting" table. No glasses today, I'm making a decoration with wine bottles now.
So that's my weekend in a nutshell...tomorrow I can go back to work to get some rest.
How was your weekend?
Comments