Turkey day is done

Another Thanksgiving is in the books.  It was really nice and very laid back this year.  We decided to eliminate some of the food that nobody really likes, but we always feel the need to have such as sweet potatoes.  Does anyone really like sweet potatoes?

I'm sorry, I don't.

As usual, we forgot to take any family photos, however, we took one picture with my phone to send to Lucas in Australia.  Lucas has spent some holidays with us and because he is of Polish descent he started a tradition of having a shot of Vodka before dinner.  Well, this is usually done at Christmas, but this year we aren't going to all be together on Christmas so we decided to partake on Thanksgiving.


A couple friends of Jillian and Brian's joined us since they don't have family nearby.  We've spend the last couple Thanksgivings with them and I always like to invite people into our home who don't have anyplace else to go.

The little lady was all decked out for the day in her turkey outfit.  Later in the day she had to change into her Wichita State outfit for the basketball game which sadly, they lost.


The weather was kind of bad that day with ice and snow so our day ended early just to make sure everyone could still get home before the roads got too bad.

Mr. Beans was there of course and had his usual plate of meat and potatoes.  Then he decided to take the rest of the pumpkin pie home.  This guy has always loved pumpkin pie!


Luckily, before going to bed that night my boss called and said we were going to have a two hour delay due to the road conditions.  Woohoo!  An unexpected gift!


Unfortunately, the next morning I had to make the decision to take my female goose, Lucy, to the emergency vet.  She had suffered a catastrophic injury that the vet confirmed was not fixable.  Lucy was 12 years old which is very old for a goose so it wasn't hard to make the decision to have her humanely euthanized.  She had a long and very pampered life for a goose. 

Yes, I took my goose to a vet.

Yes, she is a farm animal, but she is my farm animal and I believe all animals deserve to be treated humanely. 

RIP Lucy!

The cold snap has continued throughout the entire weekend.  Everything has been enshrouded in frost/ice.  It is quite beautiful, but makes it hard to go out and do much.

 
 
I wish I could get on the plane and fly back to Phoenix with Miss GiGi and her parents tomorrow.  In case nobody knows it yet, I really, REALLY hate the cold.  Luckily I only have to wait about 19 days until I go to Phoenix for a few days.

How was your Thanksgiving?

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
So sorry about the goose.

Gigi is cute as eve.

I like sweet potatoes.

It looks like a great time.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!