Standing Tall

I got something new at work today...something that will hopefully help with my back pain.


A standing desk that can be raised or lowered so that I can spend less time on my rear end compressing those vertebrae and more time standing.  I'm really lucky to have a company that is willing to invest in the tools I need to be more comfortable at work.

It raises and lowers really easy and accommodates my triple monitors.  The company that made it even has an app for the smartphone with a timer to remind me when it's time to stand (15 minutes every hour).

Now if it only had a treadmill that I could walk on while standing then I could get thousands of extra steps per day.  Oh well, working in IT is pretty good for getting steps, I'm on the go all the time.  In fact it's only 10:30 a.m. and I have 8K steps already.  The time I spend sitting in my job is usually writing or updating policies and procedures and I try to avoid that as often as possible.

Now the problem is that everyone in the building is going to want one. 


Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
There are several people here at the gas company that have something similar and they love'em. I hope that it helps.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!