Music to my ears!

Mary texted me this morning to tell me that Mr. Beans had a band concert tonight.

I have to be honest.  For the past 4 or 5 years I have dreaded these concerts.  Every band has to perform and then the choir performs and you have to sit through the whole thing.  Typically it has taken hours and the worst part is that the parents in the audience talk throughout the whole thing so you really can't hear anything.

But as the dutiful grandparents we have always gone and supported our favorite grandson.

I must tell you tonight was a totally different experience.  I think it all starts with the band teacher.  His teacher this year is full of passion for the kids and music and it shows in their behavior and in their performance.


It was a true joy to hear!  I cannot wait until the next concert.  What a difference between middle school and high school.  Wow!  They are actually musicians now!



Enjoy the Mitchell High School Concert Band!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Thanks for keeping us update on Mr. Beans!!
polcat24 said…
They really were a lot better than I expected, pretty good

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!