It's coming along!
Seems like it's time for me to post an update on my latest painting.
This is where it started several weeks ago.
This is what it looks like as of today. Getting those rocks to look real with texture and depth is a lot of work and frustration, but it's coming along. Since I'm headed up to Yellowstone in a couple days perhaps I should throw it in the back of the car and I can be dropped off at inspiration point to finish this painting plein air. That would be so much fun! I will tell you that this is the painting that I've enjoying working on the most. Incredibly challenging, but incredibly rewarding too. My teacher says I've gone from my usual impressionist style to a more realistic style with this painting.
Check back in a couple months--it might be done by then.
This is where it started several weeks ago.
This was the "kindergarten" stage. Doesn't look like much.
Apparently I didn't take any pictures for a couple weeks so here it is with the trees in the background and the start of the rock wall on the left side.
Rocks take an incredibly long time to get just right so they've gone through several revisions.
At this point I had added a few trees to the left side down by the water.
Time to start on the rock wall on the right side.
This is what it looks like as of today. Getting those rocks to look real with texture and depth is a lot of work and frustration, but it's coming along. Since I'm headed up to Yellowstone in a couple days perhaps I should throw it in the back of the car and I can be dropped off at inspiration point to finish this painting plein air. That would be so much fun! I will tell you that this is the painting that I've enjoying working on the most. Incredibly challenging, but incredibly rewarding too. My teacher says I've gone from my usual impressionist style to a more realistic style with this painting.
Check back in a couple months--it might be done by then.






Comments