It's back....darn it!
What I was hoping wouldn't happen for a long time has happened.
The pain is back after nearly six months of being virtually pain free. It has returned with a vengeance. After my radio frequency ablation in January the doctor told me I would have 9 good months. I've been robbed!
But that's okay. I'm not going to give into it. I'm going to keep getting up and going to work. I'm going to keep going a hundred miles an hour. I'm going to keep telling everyone that I'm okay. I will not whine (except for now).
I'm going to start by running in the Run for Rwanda 5K tomorrow.
I'm going to win...not the race, but the battle over the pain.
I'm going to start treatment with a chiropractor next week...I've never been to a chiropractor tomorrow, in fact I've never really believed in them. But I have to get my spine back in alignment and stop my L3 from slipping any further out of place.
I will start getting all the things on my bucket list done sooner than later while I'm still active and able. China, St. Petersburg, Antarctica, New Zealand, South Africa...you may be seeing me sooner than expected, I just wish I could have been in Africa to save Cecil. The CEO of my company goes on big game hunts in South Africa...but that's a story for another day.
Now...how do I win the lottery so I can get these things done? And even more important...where do I find a reliable sitter to care for the zoo while I'm out of the country? Sometimes owning a zoo is very inconvenient.
It's all good.
The pain is back after nearly six months of being virtually pain free. It has returned with a vengeance. After my radio frequency ablation in January the doctor told me I would have 9 good months. I've been robbed!
But that's okay. I'm not going to give into it. I'm going to keep getting up and going to work. I'm going to keep going a hundred miles an hour. I'm going to keep telling everyone that I'm okay. I will not whine (except for now).
I'm going to start by running in the Run for Rwanda 5K tomorrow.
I'm going to win...not the race, but the battle over the pain.
I'm going to start treatment with a chiropractor next week...I've never been to a chiropractor tomorrow, in fact I've never really believed in them. But I have to get my spine back in alignment and stop my L3 from slipping any further out of place.
I will start getting all the things on my bucket list done sooner than later while I'm still active and able. China, St. Petersburg, Antarctica, New Zealand, South Africa...you may be seeing me sooner than expected, I just wish I could have been in Africa to save Cecil. The CEO of my company goes on big game hunts in South Africa...but that's a story for another day.
Now...how do I win the lottery so I can get these things done? And even more important...where do I find a reliable sitter to care for the zoo while I'm out of the country? Sometimes owning a zoo is very inconvenient.
It's all good.
Comments