My big extended family
I was cleaning out my email recently and came across a couple pictures that the "in-laws" had mailed to me. They reminded me of some really good times.
This is the crew at the Cooperage restaurant in Albuquerque a couple years ago. We had all gathered to celebrate something...a few birthdays, anniversary, graduation, bar mitzvah, who knows? With a family of this size there is almost always something to celebrate.
When I look at this photo a couple thoughts come to mind.
1) Look at all those boys. Their house must have been chaos when they were growing up. Even now it seems to be a contest as to who can talk the loudest and who can come up with the biggest stories.
2) The poor ladies of that household--Leslie and Mom. Leslie has five older brothers (I don't think I need to say anything else about that). Mom, I don't know how you managed to keep your sanity. One very active grandson was all I could handle. Every day I thank God for three daughters.
3) I am so blessed to be a part of this family even if they are very loud and boisterous. For 37 years they've been my family.
Here's a photo from our Alaskan cruise in 2012. This was a super great time. Look how dressed up and good looking we all are. So much fun playing trivia, hanging out on Kim and Scott's deck, wine tasting, trying the drinks of the day, and eating fantastic meals together. Lots of laughter and lots of fun!
I wish I knew why things can't just stay the same for always. This family is going to need a lot of prayers in the next few months.
I hope you know how much I love all of you!
This is the crew at the Cooperage restaurant in Albuquerque a couple years ago. We had all gathered to celebrate something...a few birthdays, anniversary, graduation, bar mitzvah, who knows? With a family of this size there is almost always something to celebrate.
When I look at this photo a couple thoughts come to mind.
1) Look at all those boys. Their house must have been chaos when they were growing up. Even now it seems to be a contest as to who can talk the loudest and who can come up with the biggest stories.
2) The poor ladies of that household--Leslie and Mom. Leslie has five older brothers (I don't think I need to say anything else about that). Mom, I don't know how you managed to keep your sanity. One very active grandson was all I could handle. Every day I thank God for three daughters.
3) I am so blessed to be a part of this family even if they are very loud and boisterous. For 37 years they've been my family.
Here's a photo from our Alaskan cruise in 2012. This was a super great time. Look how dressed up and good looking we all are. So much fun playing trivia, hanging out on Kim and Scott's deck, wine tasting, trying the drinks of the day, and eating fantastic meals together. Lots of laughter and lots of fun!
I wish I knew why things can't just stay the same for always. This family is going to need a lot of prayers in the next few months.
I hope you know how much I love all of you!


Comments