Dad

Wow!  What a roller coaster we've been on the last few days.  Irv's dad had been ill for the last several months and about 2 1/2 weeks ago we were told he had cancer throughout his body.  We were told he had about 3 to 6 months to live.  Well, Irv had gone to Albuquerque right after our vacation to spend time with him.  Last Friday we flew to South Dakota to attend the Norgaard and Anderson family reunions with my dad and then we planned to come to Albuquerque to visit with Irv's dad for a couple days.

Well, not long after landing in South Dakota we got the call that Irv's dad had passed away.  Although we knew the time was coming, it was still devastating news.  First we called our daughters to tell them personally before something showed up on Facebook, then we called the airlines and made arrangements to fly back to Denver so we could join the family in Albuquerque.

I don't know what is worse, knowing that Irv's dad has left his earthly life or watching the emotional turmoil that my beloved husband is going through.  I've been through this with my mom so I know how awful it feels, how nobody else can possibly understand your loss, how you just want to scream at the top of your lungs.  But we live in a society where you're just supposed to suck it up, hold back your tears, put a stoic look on your face, and continue on with life.

Well Dad, just know that I'm screaming at the top of my lungs (inside), but I'm also rejoicing with the angels that you're in a better place, you're free of pain, and you're watching us from Heaven smiling because your family is all together to celebrate your life.

I've lost my biggest blog follower.  We miss you already! 

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
He was a good guy and will be missed.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!