Still working on it
It's time for a painting update.
After 5 weeks it's definitely coming along, but it is still quite kindergartenish and has lots of layers to go.
What do you think? Does it look anything like my photo? Keep in mind that I am an impressionist, not a realist and I still need to add all the greenery in the foreground.
I think it might be hopeless.
My instructor constantly tells me to back away from it to get the big picture so here's a shot that's further back. I think she's right, it does give a different impression from a few steps back.
After 5 weeks it's definitely coming along, but it is still quite kindergartenish and has lots of layers to go.
What do you think? Does it look anything like my photo? Keep in mind that I am an impressionist, not a realist and I still need to add all the greenery in the foreground.
I think it might be hopeless.
My instructor constantly tells me to back away from it to get the big picture so here's a shot that's further back. I think she's right, it does give a different impression from a few steps back.
In case you're wondering, yes, my kitchen table has become my art studio.
I think this painting will be done in approximately 2.7 years. It's way more difficult than I expected, but I love it! In fact, I told Irv I would be quitting my job so I could just concentrate on painting for the next few years. He said "okay". That's why I love that man so much!
Comments