Mail Call
Today was a fun "mail" day.
While we were in Idaho my dad gave me his chaps, spurs, and hobbles. I had to ship them to myself because my suitcase was full. Dad said he wouldn't be riding a horse again unless he was hoisted on or being packed out of somewhere.
A box was waiting on the porch for me when I got home! (Our neighbor had a different kind of surprise on her front porch today...Irv got a call from her husband who was at work--big snake on the porch and would Irv come take care of it, which of course he did. That's what neighbors do for each other.)
While we were in Idaho my dad gave me his chaps, spurs, and hobbles. I had to ship them to myself because my suitcase was full. Dad said he wouldn't be riding a horse again unless he was hoisted on or being packed out of somewhere.
A box was waiting on the porch for me when I got home! (Our neighbor had a different kind of surprise on her front porch today...Irv got a call from her husband who was at work--big snake on the porch and would Irv come take care of it, which of course he did. That's what neighbors do for each other.)
I will treasure these always and some day I'll pass them down to Jillian. Thanks Dad!
In the meantime I'll use them with my new horse, Rusty. Rusty and I went on a two hour ride at Eagle Ridge Ranch and it was the best ride I've had in years. We got along really well.
I don't know how Irv is going to manage it, but Rusty is going to be my graduation gift from him. It's either Rusty or a $48K Dodge Charger. I expect him to show up any day now. Seriously Irv, I'm not kidding.
Last week while we were in Idaho an envelope arrived that I have been waiting and waiting for. My diploma! Finally, I have something to fill the frame I ordered for myself.
Jillian told me it would be anti climatic and she was right. I worked for four years to earn this little piece of paper and my employer and I invested thousands and thousands of $$$$.
Oh well, it will all be worth it when Rusty arrives!
Comments
Those chaps and spurs are wonderful. I'm thrilled they are staying in the family. I scanned some of Dad's slides and there is at least one pic of him wearing them.
Congrats on your degree. You've certainly earned it.
Have a good time on your trip. We really enjoyed spending time with you, Irv, and Mr. Beans. I loved the trail ride.