Living Life to the Fullest
Today is my two year anniversary. It was July 18, 2011 that I noticed this pain in my right side. I thought I was getting a kidney stone, and made a trip to the urgent care. Funny that two years later I still think I'm getting a kidney stone, but now I'm so leary of doctors that I won't go see one until God gives me a second indication that it might really be a kidney stone.
I'm not complaining...at least I'm not complaining too much. I have been blessed with so much and I know people who have it much worse than I do, so I have to be grateful for everything I've been given and just try to deal with it the best I can. When I had that procedure in May I promised myself that no matter how it came out I was going to enjoy life to the fullest and get back to the things I love like hiking, travelling, and spending time with my honey no matter how much pain I'm in. Live life and live it to the fullest.
Today, however, I'm in the third day of an IBM Cognos Professional Report Authoring training and I'm drugged up on Tramadol so I can make it through the day. This is a complicated training that requires lots of mental alertness. I might not be completely there today, but I'm going to give it my all. It would be so much easier to curl up on the couch with a hot cup of tea and let the pain win, but if I did that I would be giving up on myself, my family and my career that I've worked so hard for.
Sometimes in life we get so wrapped up in ourselves that we forget that God has a plan for each of us. So, Lord I thank you for this second anniversary and although I don't understand why I'm experiencing this pain, I trust and have faith that you're in control. Thank you for the words you gave us to help us through each day. Here are some of my favorites.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Rom 8:28
I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phil 4:13
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Prov 3:5
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil 4:6
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
Happy Thursday!
I'm not complaining...at least I'm not complaining too much. I have been blessed with so much and I know people who have it much worse than I do, so I have to be grateful for everything I've been given and just try to deal with it the best I can. When I had that procedure in May I promised myself that no matter how it came out I was going to enjoy life to the fullest and get back to the things I love like hiking, travelling, and spending time with my honey no matter how much pain I'm in. Live life and live it to the fullest.
Today, however, I'm in the third day of an IBM Cognos Professional Report Authoring training and I'm drugged up on Tramadol so I can make it through the day. This is a complicated training that requires lots of mental alertness. I might not be completely there today, but I'm going to give it my all. It would be so much easier to curl up on the couch with a hot cup of tea and let the pain win, but if I did that I would be giving up on myself, my family and my career that I've worked so hard for.
Sometimes in life we get so wrapped up in ourselves that we forget that God has a plan for each of us. So, Lord I thank you for this second anniversary and although I don't understand why I'm experiencing this pain, I trust and have faith that you're in control. Thank you for the words you gave us to help us through each day. Here are some of my favorites.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Rom 8:28
I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phil 4:13
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Prov 3:5
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil 4:6
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
Happy Thursday!
Comments