Three days unti paradise!
So I've been really bad at blogging this week. You see, we're leaving for Hawaii on Wednesday and this happens to be finals week for the class I'm currently taking. In an effort to not have to worry about homework while in Hawaii, I've been killing myself trying to get it done ahead of time.
A ten page paper was due today and a twenty page paper is due next Sunday. Yikes! That's a lot of research.
Anyway, it wasn't all work this weekend. Yesterday Jillian, my friend Kim and I went to Denver to see Memphis at the Performing Arts Center. I didn't really know what to expect from this musical, but all I can say is "It was fantastic!" The talent in the touring version of the Broadway show was exceptional, especially the gal who played Felicia. If you have the opportunity--go see it. Be aware though that it does contain language that may have been used in the 1950s when it came to race relations.
It was a great end to the 2012 Performing Arts Center season. The 2012 season starts with War Horse in January.
Before the show we had our usual lunch outing on the 16th Street Mall. Unfortunately for Jillian, who doesn't much care for Halloween, it was the annual Zombie Crawl. More the usual amount of strange subjects were roaming the streets. I thought it was kind of cool. This was my favorite character.
After the show we drove back to Colorado Springs and made it to Falcon Stadium for the second half of the AFA Falcons vs. University of New Mexico Lobos. Now, I have a conflict in this game. Irv attended UNM, one of my favorite nieces currently attends UNM, and my two brothers and mother graduated from UNM. Oh well, I still had to go for the home team who eventually won the battle between two not-so-good Mountain West teams. Go Falcons!
It was an unusually warm night in Colorado Springs. So warm that we only needed a light jacket although we were prepared with blankets, gloves, hats, etc. I'm not sure what's going on with the weather this year.
This may well be my last blog for awhile. I hope to do some blogging from Hawaii, but I don't promise anything other than fabulous wedding photos.
A ten page paper was due today and a twenty page paper is due next Sunday. Yikes! That's a lot of research.
Anyway, it wasn't all work this weekend. Yesterday Jillian, my friend Kim and I went to Denver to see Memphis at the Performing Arts Center. I didn't really know what to expect from this musical, but all I can say is "It was fantastic!" The talent in the touring version of the Broadway show was exceptional, especially the gal who played Felicia. If you have the opportunity--go see it. Be aware though that it does contain language that may have been used in the 1950s when it came to race relations.
![]() |
| Source: http://memphisthemusical.com/ |
It was a great end to the 2012 Performing Arts Center season. The 2012 season starts with War Horse in January.
After the show we drove back to Colorado Springs and made it to Falcon Stadium for the second half of the AFA Falcons vs. University of New Mexico Lobos. Now, I have a conflict in this game. Irv attended UNM, one of my favorite nieces currently attends UNM, and my two brothers and mother graduated from UNM. Oh well, I still had to go for the home team who eventually won the battle between two not-so-good Mountain West teams. Go Falcons!
It was an unusually warm night in Colorado Springs. So warm that we only needed a light jacket although we were prepared with blankets, gloves, hats, etc. I'm not sure what's going on with the weather this year.
This may well be my last blog for awhile. I hope to do some blogging from Hawaii, but I don't promise anything other than fabulous wedding photos.



Comments
Looking forward to some wedding pics.