The road to Hana
We decided to take a drive down "The Road to Hana" today.
Here's a little info about the road:
52 Miles
59 bridges 46 of them one lane some dating to 1910
620 curves
Typical drive time 3 hours each way

The drive to Hana wasn't too bad. We saw a couple waterfalls, stopped to have a picnic lunch and feed the wild cats (Hawaii is overrun with feral cats).
We found a nice beach and enjoyed playing in the surf for awhile.
Played with the camera.
Took time to "smell the roses".
Then around 4:00 we decided it was time to head back. I was thinking the drive was about an hour and a half...but it was three hours and we had a rehearsal dinner to be at (well, there wasn't a rehearsal so it wasn't really a rehearsal dinner. Maybe a pre-wedding day dinner.)
I doubt that anyone has ever driven the Road to Hana quite that quickly. We all did our share of screaming and backseat driving. As we drove through the lava fields we saw some beautiful scenery.
Tomorrow is Dana's big day. I can't wait to see how beautiful my baby looks in her wedding gown on the arm of wonderful husband.
No crying allowed.
Here's a little info about the road:
52 Miles
59 bridges 46 of them one lane some dating to 1910
620 curves
Typical drive time 3 hours each way
We found a nice beach and enjoyed playing in the surf for awhile.
Played with the camera.
Took time to "smell the roses".
Then around 4:00 we decided it was time to head back. I was thinking the drive was about an hour and a half...but it was three hours and we had a rehearsal dinner to be at (well, there wasn't a rehearsal so it wasn't really a rehearsal dinner. Maybe a pre-wedding day dinner.)
I doubt that anyone has ever driven the Road to Hana quite that quickly. We all did our share of screaming and backseat driving. As we drove through the lava fields we saw some beautiful scenery.
We made it to the luau just in time.Tomorrow is Dana's big day. I can't wait to see how beautiful my baby looks in her wedding gown on the arm of wonderful husband.
No crying allowed.
Comments