My top ten

So I've been told that I need to blog more often...I haven't blogged in almost two weeks.  I certainly don't want to become like a couple other members of the family who hardly ever blog.

So what has happened the last couple weeks?
#1--My first baby girl is home permanently from Australia!!  Four years ago she left for a six month assignment in Australia and now she's finally back and engaged to Adam. 

#2--Adam's visa was approved so he can now move to Phoenix to be with Dana.  Although I'm happy for me, I know Adam's family is probably sad to see him move so far away.  I know it's hard for a mom (or mum) to have her child so far away.

#3--Mary and I took last Friday off to retrieve Mr. Beans from camp.  We couldn't get much information out of him, but apparently he spent all of his time in the lake.  We dropped him off in these swim trunks and six days later we picked him up in the same swim trunks.  I guess that's what boys do.  (God, thank you once again for giving me three girls!)  He was happy to see his mom.  He told us that when he woke up that morning his heart was thumping a little faster because he knew he was going home.  The honest expressions by children....heart warming.

#4--It rained!  Not just a little, but buckets and buckets...maybe two inches.  I can't tell you the exact amount because our rain gage was clogged with spider webs so it didn't register the amount.  Along with the rain there was thunder and lightening.  That means I had not one, not two, but THREE nervous big dogs on my lap.





If you look real close you might be able to see a hint of green in the pasture.  Keep your fingers crossed that the monsoon rains continue.




 

#5--The Waldo Canyon fire was 100% contained!  347 homes were lost and two people perished in that fire.


#6--I got a new laptop!  Right now I'm struggling with the computer because it won't put my blog pictures in the right spots.  In fact, I'm about to scream at this new computer!









#7--I started my fifth from last class...Network Enterprise Solutions.  (This is probably a lowlight rather than a high light.)  In fact I should be working on my DNS Namespace and DHCP/IP configuration design for a fictitional company that is due on Sunday.  I not only have to be technical, I need to be creative too.

#8--I lost 6.2 pounds.  Thanks to the cruise, the inactivity I've experienced this past year due to my undiagnosable pain and medication that I take daily to control that pain, I've put on a few pounds this year.  My goal is to loss about 20 pounds and start my regular gym workouts again.  Wish me luck!  Weight Watchers is a wonderful program.

#9--I found a second dress for the wedding in October.  It's actually about the same dress I originally ordered, but it has sleeves.  They will both arrive in mid-August and I can't wait to decide which one to keep.  Don't worry Irv...I will not keep both.

#10--I get to go to Limon tomorrow to participate in the Relay for Life with some great women who are not only co-workers, but friends too.  Irv is coming too...he's alway a favorite of not only mine, but the ladies too.

So that's my top ten for the week.  How was your week?

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Now we know the whole update. I'm glad you got some rain. I wish we could get some. Our little dog Rascal has turned into a baby when it thunders. He doesn't like it and goes looking for Heather.

Boys!! Be glad you had girls.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!