Old Milwaukee

 On our recent trip to Wisconsin, we spent a morning discovering the "historic" Third Ward of Milwaukee.









We started at the Public Market.  They had a lot of fish for sale in there.  I didn't take any pictures though.

People who live by a huge lake might think it's weird for a land-locked tourist to photograph the fish.


This great looking guy kept following me around. 

I would post a picture of me, but I was drenched in sweat since it was very humid.   Humidity and I don't really get along very well.







Beautiful flowers everywhere!











We walked over to the waterfront to get a good look at Lake Michigan.









Cool birdhouse.











Milwaukee Art Museum
Interesting architecture.












We were really impressed at how clean downtown Milwaukee was. 

We found it to be kind of dead even though it was Labor Day weekend.  We walked over to an area that hosts a summer fest only to find it had closed for the summer a week earlier.  Apparently in Wisconsin, the tourist season ends before Labor Day.




It was a nice morning with my honey.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Milwaukee looks like a nice town.

Thinking about you and your surgery tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!