RIP Chicky Baby

We had an unwelcome visitor last night.  One of the geese, Chicky Baby, went missing between 8 and 9 o'clock.  We searched for her for about an hour, but couldn't find her.  We can only assume a coyote came into the yard and took her and Irv found proof of that today.  Poor little Chicky Baby--she may not have been a beloved pet, but she was a critter that I took responsibility for and I'm sad that we couldn't protect her.  Now we have a very lonely Lucy who doesn't really know what to do without her buddy.  It's kind of scary that a coyote would come so close to the house so early in the evening.  Of course the geese have grown up with dogs so I'm sure they had no fear and were easy prey.  Makes me mad!

Comments

Jillian said…
I feel bad that I kicked her so many times. RIP rotten goose. :(
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Life is tough out in the boonies.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!