Dad
My Dad hasn't been feeling very well so I thought I'd cheer him up and make him the focus of my blog although I'm not sure he knows how to access my blog.
My dad is 82, but still going strong at least until this week when he was laid up because of strep throat. He was supposed to be in Flandreau, South Dakota for a family reunion this weekend, but he called and cancelled his flight. That tells me he's really not feeling good.
My dad is from South Dakota where he grew up with his mom, two brothers, and a sister. He lost his dad to pneumonia at a very young age. It must have been a very difficult time for his mom because there weren't any programs to aid young widows at that time. They had his grandparents though and I think they were a major influence in his life.
This is my dad with his sister when he was about two years old on the family farm.
This is his high school graduation picture.
This is my mom and dad when they were married in 1951. Aren't they a good looking couple? I can't decide which one of them I resemble more, what do you think?
My love of horses came from my dad. Here he is on the annual fall roundup near Dubois, Idaho.
Here's a current photo of my dad. Such a strong man. He's always there for family events...graduations, weddings, reunions, holidays, he even came to the county fair to watch JP compete one year. Irv and I are spending a week in Vegas with him in December. I wonder how he'll like the NFR.
Dad, I hope you're feeling better!
My dad is 82, but still going strong at least until this week when he was laid up because of strep throat. He was supposed to be in Flandreau, South Dakota for a family reunion this weekend, but he called and cancelled his flight. That tells me he's really not feeling good.
My dad is from South Dakota where he grew up with his mom, two brothers, and a sister. He lost his dad to pneumonia at a very young age. It must have been a very difficult time for his mom because there weren't any programs to aid young widows at that time. They had his grandparents though and I think they were a major influence in his life.
This is my dad with his sister when he was about two years old on the family farm.
This is his high school graduation picture.
This is my mom and dad when they were married in 1951. Aren't they a good looking couple? I can't decide which one of them I resemble more, what do you think?
My love of horses came from my dad. Here he is on the annual fall roundup near Dubois, Idaho.
Here's a current photo of my dad. Such a strong man. He's always there for family events...graduations, weddings, reunions, holidays, he even came to the county fair to watch JP compete one year. Irv and I are spending a week in Vegas with him in December. I wonder how he'll like the NFR.
Dad, I hope you're feeling better!





Comments