Skywatch Friday: Giverny

 A highlight of our recent trip to France was a visit to Claude Monet's Giverny Gardens


I'm a big fan of the impressionist painters including Claude Monet.  Can't you just imagine Monet in his garden painting one of his famous water lily paintings?


I knew the gardens where he painted so many breathtaking scenes would be spectacular, but I didn't realize just how spectacular they would be.


We even got to go inside his house!


Do you think in the high desert of Colorado I can recreate his garden at my house--I have 40 acres.  Not enough water here, but I sure enjoyed his garden.  I could have spent hours there.


Comments

mvmaithai said…
Lovely. I'm so envious! I had wanted to visit Monet's Giverny on my last trip, but one thing led to another. Needless to say, I didn't get to go because I didn't do my research. Was it easy to get there?

I got here from Skywatch Friday.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Wow, that would be something to see, the inspiration for such a great artist.
Hey come down to Tulsa. We have over 30 inches of water a year.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!