Touristing and Birthdays!
Dana, Adam, and Miss G came to town for Spring Break. We played tourists while they were here.
First stop was the U.S. Figure Skating Museum. I'd never been there before so it was nice to finally see it. The three of them got in free because they are members of U.S. Figure Skating.
There were displays for many of my favorites including Scotty Hamilton. It was cool to see the outfit he wore at the Sarajevo Olympics and his gold medal.
I loved Kristi Yamaguchi also. There was also a beautiful memorial to the 1961 U.S. Figure Skating Team that perished in a plane crash in Belgium. Miss G also found one of her coaches on the wall of "100 Years of Champions"
Then it was onto the brand new U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Museum. A definite must stop if you're ever a tourist in Colorado Springs.
I thought it was extremely well done with the largest collection of Olympic torches and medals in the world. Georgie even got to hold a gold medal but only with a glove.
There are lots of interactive exhibits like this one that simulates downhill skiing.
All the kids had to try them out.
There was luge.
Nice form I.P.!
Go Dana, go!
Some archery.
Then there was goal tending for a sport for visually disabled people that is similar to soccer. You had to be able to listen for the ball to protect the goal.
Irv is just a big kid too!
The next day was birthday #8 for Miss G. Can you believe she likes Dolly and vinyl?
Our two nieces and their baby from Albuquerque arrived in the afternoon and then we all went to the local trampoline-bounce place for a big birthday celebration.
I love seeing all the smiles.
With the adults it was all about making the others crash and burn. I was born without the thrill gene so I didn't participate very much.
Here's Mary with cousin Dixie who also wasn't too sure about all the noise and chaos.
Those who chose to got harnessed up for a ride on the 360 (which I think was everyone except for me). Mary took a little convincing and then I felt bad because she really hated it. Irv rode it three times.
The two moms got to have a little fun while we tended to Miss Dixie.
I think Miss G had a great time and we all enjoyed her unicorn cupcake cake.
Here's a shot of the whole crew. Fun times!





















Comments